La Collection Croisière : Jangala (2015)
by Pierre Guillaume

La Collection Croisière : Jangala information

Year of Launch2015

HousePierre Guillaume
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About La Collection Croisière : Jangala

La Collection Croisière : Jangala is a shared / unisex perfume by Pierre Guillaume. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

La Collection Croisière : Jangala fragrance notes

Reviews of La Collection Croisière : Jangala

A Very blue scent. Aqueous. There's the sea breeze, it's cold, but you get a coconut and green fig cocktail anyway. And some citrus fruit. I don't think it works. And the scent stays very close to the skin. It's not disgusting, though.
08th March, 2017
Hoping for a lush & steamy tropical jungle suffused with the scent of moist earth, here I find a light, leafy, slightly fruity aromatic, with a quite synthetic feel, & an "off" note lurking beneath. A few minutes in, the ginger note appears & steadily strengthens, until in the heart the scent morphs into a lightly spiced woody masculine. There are hints of sandalwood, but it's not creamy or coconutty, to my nose. Further on, there's something vaguely biscuit-like, & a touch of incense in the base, before it begins to fade out around six hours in.
An odd fragrance, this. Not altogether unpleasant, but with two distinct & very different phases, the opening giving no hint of what comes later. The second phase strikes me as rather autumnal in feel, & I might enjoy it more when the weather cools. For now though, the search for the perfect "moist earth" scent continues, with Black March in the lead, & Demeter's Dirt close behind.
06th September, 2016
At first application, I quite like this! There’s an accord to it that I am not familiar with...it’s ozonic and aquatic at the same time? What I like most are the greens this scent projects! I’m certain it’s a combination of the eucalyptus and woods, and the slight waft of coconut…It gives me a sense of being somewhere lush and exotic. It’s just interesting enough to stay on the radar. Thumbs up, perhaps barely.
03rd January, 2016
I think of Jangala as a sandalwood fragrance from somewhere deep in the rainforest. Sandalwood is the essence of this. The opening is truly exceptional with eucalyptus, rosewood and cardamom for a resplendent penetrating cool woods lead in. The transition to sandalwood goes through ginger flower and has a slight coconut feel to it. Coconut seems to be a common by-product in sandalwood composite fragrances and this is no exception. Coconut lasts only a short time though and after the bright cooling opening I am left only with the idea of sandalwood, not to be confused with real sandalwood. Still I like this casual vacation fragrance without the need to actually go anywhere. Exotic carved wooden idol of sandalwood. It seems very simple, but fun. I happen to think the blue color of the scent and the Cruise Collection name for the series is a mild distraction and I refuse to let these tedious details ruin my experience of the fragrance which is very enjoyable.
20th November, 2015
I know this “teal” line was promoted as one that sidesteps the horror that is calone, but I still find them to be brazenly synthetic and harsh. This one is positively nauseating, bordering on physically painful. It’s a chemical “exotic" scent — the kind of thing you’d scent a car with, only the “chemical” is ramped way up. The best way I can describe it is that it merges a dated, men’s aromatic cologne with the kind of white musk and milk accord you might find in hair conditioner; it’s basically like sweet camphor crossed with a cleaning product. Within 20 minutes, it’s a pedestrian, vaguely ambroxan base. I’d scrub it, but it scrubbed itself first. Awful.
08th June, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
Firstly , this collection isn't strictly all 'aquatics' -- it's more Le Ciel et Le Mer and the 'space between them'. Jangala is supposed to represent facets of the steamy Indonesian jungle from morning to night. It has a lovely lush opening of eucalyptus and coconut which is wholly intoxicating and lasts a good while. The drydown is less fabulous and actually reminds me , at times, of Mont Blanc's Presence. Still, I felt I needed to have this so it has to be a thumbs up.
04th June, 2015

Add your review of La Collection Croisière : Jangala

Shop for La Collection Croisière : Jangala products online

Member images of La Collection Croisière : Jangala

There are no member images of La Collection Croisière : Jangala yet. Why not be the first?