Oud Ankaa (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseYS Uzac
PerfumerVincent Micotti

About Oud Ankaa

Oud Ankaa is a shared / unisex perfume by YS Uzac. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Vincent Micotti

Oud Ankaa fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Ankaa

bigbloke Show all reviews
Strange concoction. One of, if not the most challenging oud perfumes I've come across. A very harsh opening that pierces the nasal passage. It has oud, and lots of it. I found it difficult to pick the region. This came across as more of an oud wood focused perfume than oil. The opening is *very* strong and accompanied by some sweetness. It reminded me of the mango pickle that is sold in Asian countries. That persisted for a long time. Longevity is good. I couldn't help but think of smoke and tar every time I took a sniff. There are no barnyard elements.

The bottle is black with a round cap and is very light; it may have been hand made. The fragrance name/label seems hand painted. The sprayer emits a good amount. Price quoted was £625 for 50ml if I remember correctly.

My first impressions based on a skin (hairy forearm) test are that this isn't for me - I hate turning an oud fragrance away. It is interesting, intriguing and powerful, but not very wearable. However on card it is a much less harsher experience and if I was basing my decision and review on the scented card I would consider buying it. The opening is mellower on card and the sweeter notes take a more prominent role. It is a pleasant scent on card. My wife commented that it was very nice 3 days after the card was sprayed. The deep base is still present and I'd wear it. Perhaps I need to give it another go on skin.

The Night is definitely the more wearable of the two and the better composition in my opinion.

Update: 16/08/18
Very recently got a bottle of the extremely limited reissue of this, having hunted for a bottle without success.
Have changed my opinion on this from neutral to positive. Lovely composition which is worth having despite owning dozens of high quality pure oud oils.
Strangely comforting and warm with saffron being a standout note. €650 direct.
12th April, 2015 (last edited: 16th August, 2018)
smells very very high quality oud that I use.
but i can get the oud for a bit less than this perfume.
and at that point, be wearing real oud as opposed to something that smells (very much so) like real oud.

but the above point remains true for everything oud perfume.

02nd April, 2015

Add your review of Oud Ankaa

Shop for Oud Ankaa products online

Member images of Oud Ankaa

There are no member images of Oud Ankaa yet. Why not be the first?