Blomma Cult (2015)

PerfumerAnn-Sophie Behaghel
PerfumerAmelie Bourgeois
Creative DirectorMichael Partouche

About Blomma Cult

Blomma Cult is a shared / unisex perfume by Room 1015. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Amelie Bourgeois and Ann-Sophie Behaghel

Blomma Cult fragrance notes

Reviews of Blomma Cult

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening triad is very pleasant: violet and vanilla, with a lovely cinnamon emerging in the early drydown. This is a well made top note phase, the violet at times has iris components added in,

The later stages have a woodsy cashmeran core with a soft and fairly bright patchouli, and occasional lavender of a decent quality with a note of soft spices mixed in. I get a very good performance with moderate sillage, very good projection and an excellent eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

A scent that is not very exciting but well executed, and with sufficient development to make an agreeable cool weather companion. 3/5
10th January, 2016
Kaern Show all reviews
A peek into the future? The opening is crazy, like vanillin plus some turbo charged slug of aldehydes -- it's amazing.

The drydown, when it eventually appears, is like a whining, hissing Dior Homme with some added florals.

Parts of this fragrance feel like it's 'fizzing' and has been plugged into the mains.

Worth trying, at the very least.
30th November, 2015
Vanilla, powdery floral or floral powder. To me it smells by turn of old fashioned make up (like my Nana used to wear), face powder, lipstick and baby talcum powder. All mixed up. It gets sweeter and more powdery as time goes on. Due to those associations for me it's not really unisex. I think it's an odd scent for a man. It's not unpleasant, but for me also totally devoid of any physicality and not sexy at all. I'd almost go as far to say that it's kind of child like or even childish. It's a nice smell, but I feel a bit ridiculous wearing it. What does it bring to mind? Many years ago my Mam took me and my little brother shopping with her. We were in a haberdashery and she was occupied choosing fabric. My brother must have been about 3 years old. In his curiosity he'd emptied the contents of Mam's handbag on the floor and proceeded to paint himself with red lipstick. He looked so funny everyone in the shop was laughing.
That's it for me, odd as it is. I'm happy as always to be told I'm wrong. Sillage and longevity moderate. It's OK but I wouldn't buy it.
August 2015
30th August, 2015
My guess, or better, how this smells under my nose at the opening: vanillin (and vanillin and vanillin), amber, citrus, powdery violet, cloves, cinnamon, maybe something like heliotrope – a kind of dry, floral, powdery-dusty-beeswax note - and clean musky lavender (or lavendery musk, you choose). Spicy, musky and powdery shortly, with a pungent juicy head accord of citrus and, I guess, the “higher-pitched” nuances of cinnamon. Kind of a “white-yellow” scent initially, somehow thick yet rather “modern” where modernity means synthetically (and slightly “cheaply”) plain and plastic. The smell overall ranges from pungent nuances to camphorous-floor cleaner tones, via a juicy core of something smelling halfway a spicy cheesecake, wet laundry and mosquito repellent. Once the tart-fresher head notes vanish, Blomma slowly drifts towards a frankly nicer powdery-spicy drydown; cinnamon, cloves, “lipstick” violet and musk take the stage, together with a hint of dry patchouli. Still a bit unpleasantly synthetic – by “unpleasantly” I mean that to me, this smells too synthetic to be satisfyingly realistic, but not synthetic enough to be “avantgarde”. Just some shy, halfway synthetic nowhere clumsily undecided about which polar opposite to emulate – whether trying to smell “good and realistic” of play the “plastic and futuristic” card. Anyway, my description may make this sound crap, but it isn’t that bad; just quite tending on the cheap chemical side, so hence my “supermarket products” references. The drydown is even passably nice, actually. As regards of the inspiration – not the actual quality – echoes here seem to range from Helmut Lang’s EDC, to many spicy-powdery scents of the 1990s-early 2000s, to a veritable shitload of citrus-powdery colognes, via Shalimar’s drydown, Dior Homme, and something of Buxton’s style and favourite notes. A negligible “synthetic contemporary scent” way late on the trends; not bad as I said, but I personally don’t see any point of interest.

5,5-6/10
24th April, 2015
Room 1015 Blomma Cult is another enjoyable fragrance straight from this interesting french new "dodgy" underground brand inspired by a radical rock aesthetics just apparently represented by bad-tempered fellows (actually more exactly struggling ultra-sentitive/sensible dreamers). This fragrance is a floral/semi-oriental musky accord of patchouli, violet-iris (violet in effect but more properly lilac/wisteria) and cashmeran supposedly conceived as olfactory celebration of the 1960's and 1970's counterculture ferments with their sexual liberation rolling around the hippie culture. Blomma Cult anyway is paradoxically (in effects) the less "dodgy" and more urban-glamour/chic Room 1015's composition, more on the edge (at least generally and just partially on the aromatic sphere) of scents a la Dior Homme Intense/Eau Sauvage Extreme New-Intense/Jovoy Rouge Assassin/Bentley for Men than in line with the misty/electric vibe of the other scents from the same line. An incredibly smooth accord or iris, further languid floral notes, may be rounded vetiver, white musk, silky cashmeran and soft vanilla (benzoin, ambrette??), with a vague lip-stick touch, a light spices embrace, a central musky patchouli combo and a touch of initial fresh green elements and hesperides. The note of iris is initially fresh, wet, spicy and almost (ostensibly) boozy while finally it smells smooth and more than vaguely musky. Possibly a touch of lavender is combined in the "river bed" of the fresh/warm opposites game. Not my genre of "combination" but another example of Room 1015's olfactory avant-garde skill.
20th April, 2015

Add your review of Blomma Cult

Shop for Blomma Cult products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Blomma Cult

There are no member images of Blomma Cult yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Blomma Cult