Opus 1144 (2015)

Reviews of Opus 1144

Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going? by Paul Gauguin
15th July, 2018
mgrz Show all reviews
I'm reminded of baby-wipes somehow while wearing this! I wore it yesterday and sat at lunch, feeling very ladylike as I ate my lunch. I had heard of its greatness in all its reviewers words, and had to have a go at it. It's strong enough, but not masculine enough for me. Anyway, had a sample, dabbled it on, went out for lunch prepared to make my next Unum purchase, but alas, can't give it a thumbs-down, but can't wear it, so a neutral one it is. It never evolved into a darker, more settled wear.
05th May, 2016
Quite a sexy scent here! This reminds me a little bit of Musc Ravageur, but I feel I like this better. Like a white cashmere sweater for the cold winter months…and one to wear when you are looking for some “Mommy and Daddy” time!;) It’s opening is a bit confusing, with the mandarin and bergamot giving you a hint of citrus, but the dry down presents the musk, vanilla, amber and sandalwood. Lasts quite a long time, with decent projection. Thumbs up! Quite luxurious!
06th December, 2015
The opening is bright and sparkling, slightly sweet with light floral notes. The dark, somber notes begin to come through, and that's where this scent comes into its own. Quite a contemplative scent and one I will actively seek out again.
05th August, 2015
It smells to me like a pretty good Shalimar knock off; and I'm giving it a thumbs up because I love Shalimar
30th June, 2015
Opus 1144 (assumedly the Gothic one) is paradoxically the most modern (and bright) among the Unum's compositions which are taking the world by storm by now on Basenotes. Actually, in spite of its granted underlined gothic inspiration (a luxuriant "ecclesial" and ceremonial "modern Gothic" and not a darkly medieval gloomy-mouldy one in my perception) and the inner french classicism lurking in the depths of background, there is en extraordinary modern twist welcoming the wearer, especially in its spicy-hesperidic "top assault" so rich of molecular stormy piquancy, sparkling-tart mandarine, talc/heliotrope and velvety interaction of wet luxurious resins, bergamot and turbulent floral powders. A stout note of bergamot (as by soon connected with a chypre depth of leathery-vanillic poudree amber) connects the aroma to a luxurious ambery-floral, powdery-woody and hesperidic-animalic-chypre tradition (a la Grossmith Phul-Nana, several Caron's a la Bellodgia or the modern Farmacia SS Annunziata's take on the theme due Chia or Cara) but at same time an intriguing (and exotic) game of gassy orchid, spicy-iris (nutmeg??), fizzy-spicy orangy patterns and peppery-viscous resins recalls a new contemporary daring pungent approach vaguely a la Baiana O.P.S.O or finally a la several "aerial" Amouage or MDCI, Etro, Reminiscence or Guerlain (partially Guerlain Bois d'Armenie and Shalimar Parfum Initial to quote several). I detect something undeniably exotic in the mix, something airy-silky, a cocktail of ylang-ylang, sweet spices, may be heliotrope and molecular orchid (a touch of vetiver too ??) really intriguing and dreamy (actually other than classically gothic in my perception, I mean anything but a darkly sulphureous or liturgical entity). The more the aroma develops the more its amalgam evolves significantly towards something rare, molecular, balsamic, dreamy, balmy, aerial and exotic (myrrh, copahu balm, elemi, tonka, fir resins, leather, benzoin, white musk, orchid, powdery vetiver, etc). The aromatic "white poudree-like" resins are heady in this phase for sure and all I detect is a general atmosphere of luxuriant "Palatin" (Parisian and Roman) decadence "costellated" of sweet candles, frescos, bronze armors, chiselled pots, cardinalates, massive frames, bas-relief and tapestries. Excellent and actually a new veritable "chypre palatin" creation.
16th April, 2015 (last edited: 17th April, 2015)

Add your review of Opus 1144

Shop for Opus 1144 products online

UNUM OPUS 1144 EDP SWEET DARK TEMPTATION 2 ml PERFUME SAMPLE!!

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 10:37:52 PDT