LAVS (2013)

About LAVS

LAVS is a shared / unisex perfume by Unum. The scent was launched in 2013

LAVS fragrance notes

Reviews of LAVS

Incense fragrances are some of my very favorite. LAVS is a great one. I'd love to get a bottle some day. It's darker than many incense frags on the market, but it's rich and excellent. I have other favorite incense fragrances, and LAVS would be a great one to have in rotation. It is on the dark and cold side of things, but the olibanum note is strong and true...love it!
24th March, 2018
Big time incense lover , and this a big time incense...dark and brooding with a slight feel of smokiness...i dont get high mass in a brightly lit church...i get a stone cathedral/monastery...dungeons and dim hallways with flickering torches and braziers of smoky resins...ancient rituals and sacrifices...The Inquisition...welcome to the dark side of incense...a solid 9 out of 10 for me...the total opposite of something incense cheerful, like Cardinal , for instance...think I'll put some of this on and go make someone repent their sins...Amen...
04th March, 2018
I can see what is trying to be achieved here. A high church back in the 1400's. Maybe an Armenian church set in the mountains?? Almost biblical. There is no doubting the quality of the juice. It's just too brutal for me. Maybe too real. Not a scent I would want on myself in the 21st century.
04th January, 2018
LAVS smells like two things: gunpowder and incense. This is hard liturgical, biblical incense. I see pistols and padres, pontiffs and shotgun shells - too much? The combinations here work well for a deeply contemplative attitude that is very serious about its business. The gunpowder is a smoldering metallic blend of cardamom, black pepper and cloves for grey steely sparkle. The inner heart is healing and penetrating aroma of rosewood and elemi resin. Elemi is a thick medicinal resin extract of the Boswellia plant used to cure flesh wounds, chest colds, healing of scars and also to varnish wood. The healing effects of elemi offsets the gritty gunpowder threat. This is a wonderfully balanced incense aroma that couples serious intent with pervading redemptive curative powers. Excellent.
26th June, 2017
a park at night -- Jozsef Rippl-Ronai 1895
26th March, 2017
Terribly high church, this frankincense offering will give nostalgics of a certain bent their fix. Me, I found it off-puttingly chilly, sour, stony and unrelenting. The only place this transports me to has unforgiving floors, clanging metal and blank-eyed statues – someone hand me the brambles and I’ll begin flogging my back.
For the spice horde indicated in the Unum notes list, there’s very little that actually registers on the nose (a bit of ground coriander and some pepper), so the abiding quality of this perfume is its somewhat shrill thinness. Some may consider this a spiritual singularity, I just find it joyless and ungenerous. Even the smokiness seems to pierce like a freezing mist rather than bring warmth and roundness, and the more citric accents of the elemi keep puckering their lips disapprovingly over the wearer.
The citrus-piney olibanum odour is true enough but it’s the unvarying nature of it that is at fault. Something that could smell suitably bracing in a freezing cathedral comes across as posey and stiff on the body, and soon bores.

01st December, 2016

Add your review of LAVS

Shop for LAVS products online

Member images of LAVS

There are no member images of LAVS yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads