Moroccan Fig (2014)

Moroccan Fig information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMalin + Goetz

About Moroccan Fig

Moroccan Fig is a shared / unisex perfume by Malin + Goetz. The scent was launched in 2014

Moroccan Fig fragrance notes

Reviews of Moroccan Fig

There is one review of Moroccan Fig.
I'm starting to think that I am, perhaps, the most exhausted seeker of a true fig scent - one that transports me to the shade of a fig tree upon first whiff. My conclusion after smelling literally tens of fig samples from old to new to cheap to niche: No one has done it yet. No one even got close enough to making me smile in olfactory satisfaction. This is so disappointing to me, but should also be very inticing to a new perfumer in search of a market breach: make that true fig scent and yours will be the glory of succeeding at what no one has done in the history of perfumery. There is a open gap in the perfume market and it's still wide open as far as I'm concerned.

One day I will grow up to become a millionaire and I'll place a bounty on the illusive scent of a fig tree.

As usual, I was hopeful when I read the few reviews on Moroccan Fig on Fragrantica. Some described it as "deeply moving" and others did not like it because it was too much like a fig tree and not enough like a person. Could it be my long sought after scent? I hoped and dreamed and, as usual, was filled with anticipation when I received my sample from the nice lady at Nordstrom who shipped it to me.

And as usual, I was disappointed. Moroccan Fig screams in every moment of its life on my skin that it's just another take, another attempt, another stumble. It's as if the world of perfumers is simply impotent and helpless when it comes to the fig tree. I really hope and pray that no perfumer would congratulate themselves on their fig recreation thinking that they're fooling anyone. You're not even close.

Moroccan Fig completely forgets about what makes the scent of a fig tree so sought after: the crisp, bright, jolly quality that makes fig trees and sunshine come together in everyone's mind as if they're twins. This is overly, unnecessarily subdued and humiliated, making it smell more like coconuts and lipstick than anything, with an incessant ashy quality that tries to replicate the fuzz on fig leaves but only replicates the disgust that I felt with Phylosikos and all the other figs.

My search will probably continue forever.
06th May, 2017

Add your review of Moroccan Fig

Shop for Moroccan Fig products online

MALIN + GOETZ MOROCCAN FIG EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 FL OZ 100 ML SEALED

End Date: Sunday Apr-7-2019 16:40:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $119.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Malin+Goetz Moroccan Fig-Eau de Toilette Spray-3.4oz /100ml-Unisex-BrandNewInBox

End Date: Wednesday Apr-10-2019 16:20:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $129.95

Malin and Goetz Moroccan Fig

End Date: Friday Apr-12-2019 8:21:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $150.00

Member images of Moroccan Fig

There are no member images of Moroccan Fig yet. Why not be the first?