Cigar Black Oud (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseRémy Latour
Parent CompanyParour

About Cigar Black Oud

Cigar Black Oud is a masculine fragrance by Rémy Latour. The scent was launched in 2014

Cigar Black Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Cigar Black Oud

Not even close to Tobacco Vanille and yes, I have a sample of TV for comparison's sake. Cigar Black Oud has an opening that can make you cough. The first spray sent my head back as if I took a jab by Mayweather. Then it settles down into a spicy vanilla and synthetic oud like scent.

I like wearing it around the house because it's a bit challenging to enjoy but it's hard to hate. Challenging for a $15 fragrance is an accomplishment, so for that reason alone I almost give it a thumbs up. I just can't commit to a thumbs up because I can't commit to wearing Cigar Black Oud in public. I'll have to keep it neutral here and recommend Cigar Black Wood instead.
11th July, 2017
The opening of this is pretty harsh, very pungent. As it dies down though, I do get a bit of Tobacco Vanille, but the vanilla isn't really a thing here. To me, this is more about a tobacco like accord, I get a pretty strong cinnamon note, as well as a ton of anise, although it isn't listed in the notes. It smells a bit animallic to my nose as well.

While it is the closest thing to Tobacco Vanille I've smelled, it's also very far from it. I regret making this purchase. Hopefully it'll get dropped, and I can sell my bottle for more than what I paid in the future.
20th August, 2016
My first fragrance from Remy Latour and i am very happy
Tangerine more than lemon in the front
The balsam and cinnamon middle are a fleeting introduction to...
Amber and musk and the base notes that start to emerge
And as it settles in the oud and tobacco make this beautiful EDT as comfortable as the best old oversized leather chair you ever sat in. Love this scent
08th July, 2016
Incredible projection upon application. Later on, the oud settles and you are left with a smooth, tobacco/vanilla that still has just enough brightness to stand out and get noticed. I first put this on and was taken aback by the strength of the initial smell, but l received compliments from my wife a few hours later, even after having grilled outside and had the smoke smell from the grill on my clothes. Lasts the whole day as well.

Update: Having just worn Musc Ravageur, I was reminded of Cigar Black Oud. Seems like there are some similarities.
20th June, 2016 (last edited: 30th April, 2018)
No joy.

Synthetic vanillaic (from the tonka bean) and cinnamon with even more synthetic oud accord.

I'm not a fan of cinnamon and vanilla so not for me. But overall not a bad fragrance. If you like cinnamon and vanilla you'll enjoy this.

UPDATE: This is quite nice. It takes a LOT of getting used to. It comes out of the bottle swinging! You gotta let it settle. Once it settles, it is very nice, well balanced and could easily be niche.

There are similarities to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but imagine this as the artisan quality street food versus fancy restaurant quality in Tobacco Vanille.

Thumbs up now, but you gotta give it time.
10th December, 2015 (last edited: 20th December, 2015)
I wanted to love this one....sigh. I purchased both of the new flankers from scentmonkey based on my appreciation of the original cigar fragrance. To my nose it's an overpowering animalic scent (musk??) that lingers no matter how hard you try to get rid of it, and it triggers a gag reflex in me. I asked the wife for her opinion (without letting her know how I felt) with the same results. I let it sit on my wrist for more than hour to see how it would develop....well, it just kept getting stronger. I tried a facial scrub then a kitchen scrubbie (with antibacterial soap) with the same result. For the Love of Pete...IT'S STILL THERE! How Do I Get Rid Of This Smell??? You may very well like this scent if you're a fan of musk, but this one's definitely not my cup of tea. FYI....both flankers smell nothing like the original.

Longevity: 20/10 (Argggh)
Overall: 0/10
24th September, 2015

Add your review of Cigar Black Oud

Shop for Cigar Black Oud products online

Shop for Cigar Black Oud at online perfumeries

Cigar Black Oud by Remy Latour for Men - 3.3 oz EDT Spray

End Date: Thursday Oct-17-2019 4:39:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.67
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Cigar Black Oud by Remy Latour Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz (Men)

End Date: Thursday Oct-17-2019 17:30:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Cigar Black Oud by Remy Latour Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz (Men)

End Date: Thursday Oct-17-2019 17:30:11 PDT

Cigar Black Oud by Remy Latour for Men 3.4/3.3 oz EDT Spray New In Box

End Date: Monday Oct-21-2019 15:05:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.28
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Cigar Black Oud By Remy Latour Eau De Toilette Spray - 3.4 fl oz 100 ml- New box

End Date: Monday Oct-21-2019 18:55:08 PDT

CIGAR BLACK OUD by Remy Latour

End Date: Wednesday Oct-23-2019 23:21:41 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $21.60

Member images of Cigar Black Oud

There are no member images of Cigar Black Oud yet. Why not be the first?