Aqua Vitae Forte (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Aqua Vitae Forte

Aqua Vitae Forte is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Aqua Vitae Forte

I get strong blasts of ylang-ylang in the opening with hints of pepper and mandarin. The dry down is more sandalwood and vetiver, but the ylang-ylang is still noticeable throughout. This is a totally feminine fragrance, in my opinion, I wouldn't class it as unisex (maybe in the dry down only). The longevity is amazing, I put it on at midday, played football (soccer) at 9pm at night becoming covered in sweat and I could still smell it before getting in the shower. I gave my sample to my wife because it is too feminine for my liking, but still a great scent.
04th November, 2017
MFK is easily one of my favorite modern designers and I find that all of his fragrances have great depth and character, even when they're not my particular style or favorite notes. It's really hard to criticize much in his fragrances. AVF is one that falls into the "not my style or favorite notes" category, but there's no mistaking the artistic hand in the composition. While AVF opens as a spice-citrus composition, with zest like citrus peel, cardamom, cinnamon and pink pepper topnotes. It has a certain sour-spice to it that is unique. Once the topnotes subside the orange blossom and ylang ylang take over. Ylang ylang has a green sugar cane aspect to it and I like it paired with citrus, but AVF runs more floral to my nose, so it doesn't have the same Caribbean tropic affect I expected. A base of soft sandalwood and vetiver make this one sweet and airy. It's lighter and much less powdery than Universalis, but still equally low on projection and sillage. AVF would make an excellent office or travel fragrance as it's more of a personal scent. While I like it, I can't see that it's one that I want to own. Thumbs up all the same.
28th August, 2017
A great and stunning one from MFK. Actually, this house has already become my favorite house. It's a floral/cardamom/citrusy/cinnamon combo, and these ingredients were so well crafted together,a bright and solar composition. A solid and great fragrance from Mr. Kurkdjian!
11th May, 2017
Captures the emotion of when you and your lover are lying next to each other on a beach or a resort and looking at the sunset.

You both just got out of shower, crispy clean and fresh. Your muscles are relaxed after a massage or a spa and you lie there, with the breeze blowing at both of you and the orange sun provide you with the warmth.

Then you, or you lover rests on his/her chest and watches the sundown. No complicated thoughts, no words said. Complete and content.

The freshness of taking a shower, being without tension after a massage or meditation, the warmth of glowing daylight, and the sensation of clean, yet slightly salty skin.

Aqua Vitae Forte - 10-12 hours of bliss
26th January, 2017
Another brilliant outing for MFK. In this case we have a seemingly simple citrus scent, devoid of zest and softened by florals and creamy sandalwood. When I wear it in a sterile environment such as a new office building, I become aware of its superb depth. I swivel my head and the high quality notes come forward to introduce themselves in pairs. In a department store it would be impossible to be impressed this way. To find the "wow" moment in this fragrance you really need to go to a sterile environment to experience this depth. And it's all backed up by excellent performance.
21st September, 2016 (last edited: 20th September, 2016)
Francis Kurkdjian is adept at presenting us with polished creations, buffed to a Brancusi shine. A minor problem with this approach is that sometimes it can privilege seamlessness too highly for my taste. Aqua Vitae forte is purportedly ‘the caress of a solar breeze’ – bright, warming, golden are the associations being aimed for, one imagines.
And the notes evoked make perfect sense but somehow the execution remains a touch too smooth for its own good. What is better to evoke sunshine than a battery of citruses (with lemon and bergamot to the fore) paired with the traditional clean, none-too-assertive, ‘supporting role’ vetiver we are used to as a perfumery backup? A bit of gentle cardamom adds a warming accent and florals complete the picture. Among the listed floral notes we have the Kurkdjian favourite, orange blossom, and ylang ylang, and of the two, the former is certainly more in evidence. But more interesting is how they have been calibrated, with a bit of their sweetness bled out of them so they match the citrus aspect without overwhelming it.
It’s all been put together with great attention to proportions but there’s a certain blankness about it that I just can’t bring myself to appreciate.

19th October, 2015

MFK Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris Aqua Vitae Forte Eau de Parfum 70ml 2.4 oz

$152.12 (0 Bids)
End Date: Tuesday Jul-21-2020 17:49:57 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Aqua Vitae Forte By Maison Francis Kurkdjian Eau De Parfum Spray 2.4 Oz For Wome

End Date: Tuesday Jul-21-2020 17:51:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $244.23

Francis Maison Kurkdjian 2ml Travel Spray parfum samples, Aqua Vitae Forte

End Date: Tuesday Jul-21-2020 18:46:45 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.75

Member images of Aqua Vitae Forte

There are no member images of Aqua Vitae Forte yet. Why not be the first?