Indigo (2015)

PerfumerSpyros Drosopoulos

About Indigo

Woody floral musk

Reviews of Indigo

As this opens, I get a strong feeling of nostalgia and realise it takes me back to my youth having just purchased a big bag of floral gums, burying my nose in the bag and vacuuming in their wonderful synthetic, flowery aroma.

This opens big, fresh, floral, verging on air freshener (which is usually an instant no from me but there is something so clean and compelling here that I can’t help but enjoy it.) The hyacinth is beautiful and has none of the dirty notes you sometimes experience. I get a bit of an Ambre Solaire vibe too (the clear bottle with the oily brown liquid and bright orange lid from the 70/80’s.)

I get no mastic, frankincense or woods, which is a shame as these are notes I love. On my skin, it’s a hyper floral that finishes with a soft creamy note (possibly from the sandalwood.)

Performance is great, which you’d expect from an Extrait de Parfum. I sprayed this once and 30secs later my wife shouted from the floor above me “have you just sprayed something?” It’s powerful stuff!

Definitely not a fragrance I'd wear often as it's dizzyingly floral, but I enjoyed the ride and might want to experience it again in the future.
02nd November, 2016
I loved Indigo from the first time I wore it. Mastic, hiacynth and olibanum together make a great combination. To me it smells very green and rich. I also detect some sandalwood in the background. I don't get the other notes. It is a parfum extract and a little goes a long way. This is a fragrance that lasts for 7-8 hours on me. Perfect for summer.
18th August, 2016
Synthetic, yes!
And I don't care.
For me, it hit's the nerve centers in way similar to Amouage Opus VI although it is far less complex and honeyed, tobacco-ed.
Intoxication, immediate dazzling Frankincense splendour, hangover-like headache and a need to spray again.
If I didn't have the Opus.
15th April, 2016 (last edited: 24th April, 2016)
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is quite intriguing with its floral core - hyacinth, rose and a resinous undertone, with a slightly spicy note. The latter grows stronger in the drydown and becomes a core feature of this olfactory composition.

The later phases are characterised by an additional rather nonspecific woodsy background imoression, when a distictky synthetic oud develops that is less penetratingly intrusive as synthetic ouds tend to be, and after a while it blends in quite well with the spicy note; the latter becoming a veritable and pleasant frankincense after a while. The pseudo-oud and the frankincense form the backbone of this olfactory creation until the end, with the Oud gradually less prominent and increasingly submerged in the frankincense.

The performace is impressive indeed, with strong sillage especially if the frankincense, excellent projection and a truly marvelous thirteen hours of longevity on my skin.

Whist a quite synthetic and not always convincing, overall this is a nice autumn scent with great performance. 3/5.
21st March, 2016

Add your review of Indigo

Shop for Indigo products online

Search Amazon for Indigo

Member images of Indigo

There are no member images of Indigo yet. Why not be the first?