Floriental (2015)

Floriental information

Year of Launch2015

HouseComme des Garçons

About Floriental

Floriental is a feminine perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2015

Reviews of Floriental

Kaern Show all reviews
Stewed fruit, incense, peppers and what seems like the hibiscus/rose accord from Costume National's Scent Intense. I don't get much 'woods' at all.

Totally wearable by a man in my view -- the longevity is excellent, but it is a little loud. Still, I like it very much.

I'm a little worried that CdG fragrances are all beginning to smell a bit 'samey' though.
10th January, 2017
Nothing groundbreaking from CDG, but one could surely do much worse than Floriental.
Yes- it shares the same DNA as Wonderwood, with an added plum/floral. Very unisex.
What I like most about Floriental is the "Play-doh" note I get from it.

29th December, 2016
Given Comme des Garcons generally androgynous output, I have no idea why this composition has been categorised as feminine.

Oddly, I find this fragrance fairly dull but slightly intriguing. In the air, this is a light, fizzy, gingery plum stuck in a lump of Playdoh that somehow manages to give the illusion of a cold, soapy, mentholated rose. When I sniff closely I get hints of Gucci Envy drowned in peppery exhaust fumes and burnt rubber. This is when my head starts to explode and my sinuses feel like they're going to kill themselves. There's no joy to be had up close.

If Sharpie made scented markers the red one would smell like this and I would use it to draw a picture of a big tub of Swarfega, as this is what the dry down gives you.

I feel Comme des Garcons are now hitting pointless fanboy cash-in territory.
13th April, 2016
I'll say it - Floriental just smells like a less busy version of Wonderwood with added plum. I initially thought the plum was tuberose or something similar until I realized the pink pepper was tricking me. And what a delightful pepper it is - of a similar caliber to that of the unthinkably discontinued Lyric Rain (which is to say I enjoy it immeasurably). Spicy, woody, and bone-dry, this juice really has nothing to do with florals, so the name sounds dicey at best, but the product is a lovely little unisex which I would heartily recommend to any fans of Wonderwood, Gucci PH, Fever Pour Homme, Quorum Silver, or really any peppery, gingery dry woods.
26th February, 2016
No overt florals nor particularly oriental in feel, FLORIENTAL strikes me as a somewhat cynical take on a popular genre. It skips the typically heady floral openings of typical orientals and jumps right into the final third, with pale ambery woods and faint hints of warm incense.

Projection and sillage are both modest, which is fine by me as the scent while mildly pleasant does absolutely nothing for me.

I don't claim to be an expert on CdG but they do make surprising compositions. This is not much different; I was indeed surprised. Here we have an oriental vehicle low on gas and just about as purposeful as an offering of ice to Eskimos. Has this edgy house finally tipped over the edge
and is now flipping the bird at consumers' expense?
16th November, 2015
I approached Floriental with very low expectations because while I'm surely amongst the biggest fans of Comme Des Garcons, their Puig-owned branch (responsible for all the fragrances in the oval-shaped flacons) it's not the best example of the house's creative vein. Floriental is definitely not a creative fragrance and despite it's all about very familiar oriental accords, it's also so easy to pull off that it makes a perfect daily wear for anyone who's up for something reasonably priced the doesn't feel cheap or too derivative.

We talk about a balmy oriental with the typical CDGs woody-incense base, hints of sandalwood and vetiver, some smooth florals and a pale fruity vibe. It feels completely genderless, with a velvety texture that never falls into overly screechy synth territories. Ok, it's probably not the most original blend around but, as usual with Ccomme Des Garcons, it feels incredibly honest, never cheap and widely wearable by anyone.

Put this juice in a whatever high-end niche bottle and you will have to pay at least 200 bucks for 50mls. From Amouage to Tom Ford via the plethora of *new niche* brands.

04th November, 2015

Add your review of Floriental

Shop for Floriental products online

Search Amazon for Floriental

Member images of Floriental

There are no member images of Floriental yet. Why not be the first?