Royal Mayfair (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Royal Mayfair

Previously launched as a limited edition in 2009, and previously known as Windsor. The fragrance was supposedly originally commissioned by the Duke of Windsor in 1936.

Reviews of Royal Mayfair

This is a masculine floral, but for the life of me I can't understand why people think this smells like rose. Nor do I detect anything that smell like gin, pine, or lime.

Instead, what you get is a fairly linear blast of honeysuckle and orange blossom. Granted, we don't all live in climates where these flowers bloom, but here in central Florida, this is what spring smells like. Yes, we have four seasons. So I can sympathize with those who are unfamiliar.
The other greenish note I detect is privet hedge flower, also a springtime scent but maybe from further north.

Given these strong associations with spring, I am fond of wearing this in winter, just to stir the pot a little bit. Chances are, not many acquaintances have smelled such a thing as only the committed would shell out that kind of money for a full bottle. I'm not a Creedhead, but I am familiar with the lineup and this is one of my favorites from their hacienda.
25th November, 2018
The first spray of Royal Mayfair brings a strong medicinal smell. Whew! Let's move away from that one, I thought. So I left Saks and noticed a better scent in the air as I was walking around the mall. It was uplifting, enchanting, elusive. Did someone wearing it just pass by? How will I ever find them to ask? Is it coming from a store? At some point I lifted my hand toward my face and discovered the bewitching scent was coming from me! Royal Mayfair transformed into a delightful dance of gin, eucalyptus, rose and pine. This is springtime in a bottle. Fresh and clean, but with eccentric character provided by eucalyptus. If Royal Mayfair was not worn at a Downton Abbey wedding, it should have been.
14th October, 2018
A beautiful, very natural feeling woody-floral-aromatic from the house of Creed.

Royal Mayfair has a freshly made, "wet" feeling that really catches my attention. From the lovely gin element in the head, to the mix of lime and orange that gives it a nice splash of citrus, to the gorgeous English rose that surely took a lot of Creed's high-quality maceration process to use here, and the unusual cedar-eucalyptus hit in the base...This is just such a classy, clean floral-wood experience that gets accents of citrus and menthol to accentuate the dew-drenched experience.

I love Royal Mayfair, and consider it to be one of Creed's finest fragrances that skillfully weave a thing of great beauty, for both men and women.
18th September, 2018
This is just so odd. A part of me loves it...the other part cant stand it. Kinda smells like pepto bismol. Which from my childhood has always made my stomach churn worse than the flu I currently had. But on the other hand my great grandmother always had these little pink lozenges laying around her house so it kinda reminds me of her. The dry down actually is quite pleasant once that cheap wintergreen scent disappears. To me it's just ok and certainly not my favorite. 6 outta 10
09th September, 2018
A unique, perfectly balanced floral...

Extremely impressed by this one. I find it a wonderful floral which is completely unisex. Very classy and sophisticated smell.

The story goes that this is a re-interpretation of a previous Creed fragrance, which was allegedly created for the King of England, Edward VIII back in the 1930's.

As for the smell... I get rose, even some violet, jasmine, along with juniper (the "gin" note) and citrus (the lime note). It is one of the nicest fragrances with rose that I have smelled, and I like it very much. I get a eucalyptus note also which gives it a balanced medicinal vibe.

I can see this as a formal fragrance, for a man or a woman. I also have to address the issue of price here. This is a fragrance supposedly made for royalty, and you almost have to be royalty to buy this! I personally have a sample decant of this, but it's hard for me to invest that much money in a fragrance such as this. However undoubtedly it is brilliant and if a person has enough money to spare, I can see this being justified on smell, projection and performance. A very regal small which is floral yet balanced and sophisticated and is perfect for man or woman. I think it's great. As with all Creed fragrances, do try on skin first, however I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way. In my opinion only worth the price if money is of no issue to you.
26th August, 2018
This one starts out great for me, with its gin, lime, and pine notes. I never get any rose at all. The whole thing just falls quickly into a cedar puddle. Not for me.
30th July, 2018

Add your review of Royal Mayfair

Shop for Royal Mayfair products online

Shop for Royal Mayfair at online perfumeries

Creed Royal Mayfair Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 oz/100 ML Tester NEW

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 9:40:12 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $115.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Men Type Inspired Premium Perfume Body Oil Sample 1ml Glass Vial ($1.5 Each)

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 15:59:08 PDT