Sauvage (2015)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Sauvage

Sauvage is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Sauvage

I've got good feelings about the House of Dior.

I'm very fond of Fahrenheit, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Eau and, yep, Sauvage.

Sauvage gets slammed a lot on here, but look... why does Sauvage generate so much controversy?

I'm serious... why?

To me, it smells good. And, others say the same when I'm wearing it.

That's sort of what it comes down to, right?
28th December, 2017
A very good fragrance, very dry, spicy and modern. Like Terre d'Hermes or Fahrenheit it suggests an endless land where the air meets the earth.
07th December, 2017
This is very strange stuff.

I recently received a bottle as a present from my dad and its sat on the shelf for about a month.

I wore it today and I must say I actually well and truly dislike it.

It literally personifies ugliness, pretentiousness and everything I dislike. I can see that someone very clever made it but why would they do something like this...as though it's a mockery or a statement of disenchantment.

It's really horrible.
02nd December, 2017
I love it!
Great fragrance.

22nd November, 2017
The very controversial Dior Sauvage. In this case I must say I'm a part of the "haters". If I'd pick my most disliked perfumes it'd probably be #1. And I enjoy some easy, generic fragrances so it's not for that reason, which many ones use to bash it. But to my nose it smells like a fake, synthetic Christmas tree. The little hushed green ones some people hang to their rear-view mirror in their car.

To give a more technical description now: Sauvage is mostly built around an abrasive, chemical bergamot and an aromatic, semi-fresh amber-y note. Then you add some light pepper and a cleaner musk on top of it. To compare Sauvage, the closest I can think of is a mix of some parts of Mont Blanc Legend and another Dior fragrance: Dior Homme Eau. Sauvage is stronger, heavier than both though. Finally if you enjoy sharp fragrances, like L'Eau Dissey from Issey Miyake for example (They don't smell the same at all), you have more chances of liking this one as well.

Many ask about the common comparison to Bleu de Chanel. They have NO similarity to me in their smell. Most who compare them are talking about both being versatile, every season/occasion safe fragrances. It's in their style, while being from higher priced popular designer houses, that they are similar and not in their scent. I personally much prefer Bleu EDT (Without loving it either). But in its defense I'll say that if you do enjoy it, Sauvage can indeed be that "swiss-knife" fragrance and it's a big crowd pleaser. So especially if you value those points give it a try and make your own opinion, no matter how much it divides people online.

EDIT: In the same style, I much prefer Prada Luna Rossa Carbon, which is very similar to me but easier on the nose and with a soapier (It's a Prada) vibe and parts of Prada L'Homme in it.
11th November, 2017
Based on previous Dior fragrances I've tried and own, I had high hopes for this one. Much like what others have said, this one is kinda obnoxious and smells very synthetic. Once it calms down a bit after application, the dry down is a bit better, but the top and mid notes just aren't that great.
30th September, 2017