Colonia Club (2015)

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Colonia Club

The company say:

A refined and elegant olfactory interpretation of classic Italian cologne. A fragrance that stylishly embodies the most contemporary side of italian lifestyle. The characteristic citrus top notes combined with neroli, mint, and galbanol reveal an innovative freshness in the heart. The aromatic notes of geranium and lavender are enhanced by the woody base notes of haitian vetiver, and opulent musk and ambergris accord. For the gentleman who experiences life with passion, and wishes to indulge in the freshness of this fragrance anytime.

Colonia Club fragrance notes

Reviews of Colonia Club

ad_scott Show all reviews
It's okay. I quite like the opening but thereafter I find it to have an unclean/cloying edge to it; like the lingering stale smell of Brut deodorant in a changing room at the public swimming baths. There's something a tad irritating about it.
19th January, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
In the opening I can discern two components: firstly, a fresh cluster, comprising of bergamot, a bit of lemon and petitgrain, a mandarin with a whiff of a sweet grapefruit with cantaloupe, and moments of pine followed by a minty neroli - initially more neroli, but with time the mint comes to the fore; it is a somewhat synthetic mint on me.

The second component in the top notes is that of quite a dominant galbanum; which on its own is equal in force to the fresh counterpart cluster or even stronger.

The drydown adds a green lavender, which is complimented by a pleasant geranium with whiffs of hay, but the mint and the galbanum retain their presence throughout the heart notes also.

The base sees the freshness gone, and replaced by a dark and woodsy vetiver with a touch of ambergris-style saltiness; the latter is rather weak though. A good splash of white musks is present towards the final hour.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant scent for cooler summer days, this is not really a typical Eau de Cologne but is is an interesting variation on the theme. Unfortunately, of the notes as a bit on the generic side and overly synthetic. Overall 2.75/5.
10th January, 2020
It's definitely a green one, a vetiver. It also has a sharpness, a leafy, ethereal pepperiness that's enjoyable. Sort of like peppermint. Besides that the mint to me is eucalyptus like which I usually don't prefer over mint. Might be the petitgrain giving it that twist.

Aforementioned sets it well apart from for example Creed Bois du Portugal even though they share a similar vetiver ambergris base.

It's a very refined cologne but given the price level it sits at I can't quite give it a positive.
07th December, 2019 (last edited: 02nd January, 2020)
This one get's a lot of hate it seems. It's true that during the initial application you get a huge blast of Mint. If you don't like mint, this one's probably not for you. I don't believe the mint in question smells synthetic, that's just how mint smells. It's relatively cheap to produce so it doesn't make sense for ADP to do that.. If they did.

I noticed a cooling effect on my skin after applying which was nice. After about an hour it settled down nicely into a Minty fresh Fougère. I get mostly Mint, Lavender, Neroli, and Vetiver from this. It works perfectly in the springtime. You can wear this formally or casually. In my opinion this is one of the best fragrances the house has to offer. The longevity last around 5 to 7 hours on my skin. The projection is as good as you want it to be. I sprayed twice behind the neck, once on the wrist and got an arms length.

One of my favorites.
10th May, 2019
Afraid I've got to agree with freewheelingvagabond. The mint note in the opening is synthetic smelling and upsetting to my sensibilities. There are other notes going on at the same time that don't seem to fit together and the overall effect for me felt like trying to breath through a porous rock covered in Colonia Club cologne. There is an ozonic effect going on in the opening as well in my opinion and as I've said I almost felt claustophobic during the opening. At 2 hours in it has died down quite a bit and is more bearable. Perhaps one spray on the wrist would be the way to wear this one for me. My last thought on Colonia Club is that I much prefer the body wash to the fragrance. Ah well, I love Acqua di Parma Colonia and Colonia Essenza, but Colonia Club is a no for me.
08th April, 2019
Too piney and minty for me. Quite boring and not really to my tastes. Doesn't really fit in with the ADP line.
31st October, 2018

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Club for Unisex Eau De Cologne Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Monday Feb-24-2020 15:09:15 PST
Buy It Now for only: $65.64

Member images of Colonia Club

There are no member images of Colonia Club yet. Why not be the first?