La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense (2015)
by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense information

Year of Launch2015

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2015

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

How should I start this review?

I have no words strong enough, to emphasize how good and sexy this fragrance is.

It is kind of a blend out of two of the best fragrances I ever discovered:
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, and Dior Homme.
I say Dior Homme, because, "L'Intense" is like the La Nuit DNA, but with a glowing Iris (Concrete) in the heart, and also patchouli.
Otherwise, it features tonkabean and vanilla, which give it a sweet, seductive and sensual vibe, like nothing else I smelled before.

It could remember you of "Dior Homme Parfum", but DHP ist to cloying and overwhelming to me, not so well balanced in a way, and not masculine enough. Also some Armani Code's feature a similar vibe, but are way more mainstream and even boring.

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is perfectly balanced and remains strong, masculine and sensual, while being sweet and smooth at the same time. And it still manages to carry a bit of the La Nuit DNA, so it is a perfect addition if you rock La Nuit as signature, and want to wear something even more special to a Date, Family Event, or just in the cold weather / winter time.

The only downside to all of that is, that sadly Yves Saint Laurent decided to stop producing it, and replaced it with La Nuit de L'Homme "Eau de Parfum". EdP is not a bad scent, but the coco vibe I get from it all the time, is not my preferred taste.

So my honest advice is, lay your hands on a L'Intense bottle as long as you still can, as I am about to do now. :)

And thank me later ;)
02nd November, 2019 (last edited: 06th November, 2019)
This intense version is more mature than the previous flankers IMO. I like this one. Kind of reminds of the prive version of 1 million when it comes to richness and maturity without the bubblegum effect. 7/10
23rd September, 2019
The smell is great and beautiful after a few minutes. At first spray you get all the initial notes but after the smoke settles...wow. Absolutely beautiful fragrance. It goes well with my skin.

I can best describe it as a date smell...a smell that is inviting and makes you seem trustworthy. It gives the impression that you are honest and passionate.

On the other hand, it can also make you smell like you like finer things in life.

I tried the other YSL fragrances and this one smells the smoothest and most luxurious after 10 minutes.

I give this a 10/10.
21st October, 2018
Well, I finally got around to getting a small bottle of 'La Nuit de L'Homme Intense', even though I really wanted a vintage bottle of the original 'La Nuit de L'Homme'. Thinking this would suffice, I grabbed this with no hesitation. And, well, I am very dissapointed. YSL's own 'Kouros' is infinitely better than this.

I was expecting a masterpiece similar to something like Paco Rabanne's 'Invictus', Dior's 'Sauvage', or even Chanel's 'Bleu de Chanel EDT', but this isn't even close. Definitely not a lady killer. Those other fragrances get me amazing compliments non stop, this gave me none. Zero. Not one.

The initial blast is off putting to me. Iris, violet, patchouli, matched to something called 'Orris Concrete'. Violet in a masculine fragrance is very hard to make appealing. Try Geoffrey Beene's 'Grey Flannel', one of the weirdest and most polarizing scents ever made. You will either like it, or absolutely hate it. I like 'Grey Flannel' for rainy days and cold weather, but most people hate the scent. Same story here.

As this carries on, I was waiting for the drydown and base to carry this one into the sexy territory I had heard so much about. Never came. I just sat there, walking around with zero compliments and I didn't even like the smell of it myself. Patchouli and tonka bean finish this off. Meh.

With a liberal dose of a dozen sprays (neck, chest, shoulders and wrists), I am getting 7-10+ hours of longevity depending on weather, with a couple days on clothes and fabrics. Projection and sillage is average, which for an EDP and the price this commands is unacceptable by my own standards.

The first few hours is good, the rest is very limited projection and skin scent territory. Sadly, though this lasts on clothes and skin, no one will smell you unless they bury their faces into where you sprayed this.

This would be a safe work scent or close quarters indoors or date night fragrance, but absolutely wouldn't work in outdoor, clubbing or nightlife situations. It just doesn't perform or project enough for that.

I have tried several YSL 'L'Homme' flankers, and the constant problem with them I see is being over hyped while seriously lacking in the performance category. This one is no exception to that. It smells well made, but performance and reactions just weren't there. Definitely a pass for me.
04th June, 2017
Spectacular perfume. Very good for the romantic winter nights. Causes great impact on women. Indispensable.
13th May, 2017 (last edited: 14th May, 2017)
Not as nice or crowd-pleasing as the original, but a nice fragrance nonetheless.

Much softer, less sweet and way more powdery the La Nuit. More florals, but less spice.

Excellent longevity but the projection is just okay.
22nd April, 2017 (last edited: 25th April, 2017)

Add your review of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

La Nuit De L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent L’Intense Eau De Parfum 100ml Testr

$75.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 16:54:44 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme L'Intense EDP~ 5 ml Deluxe Decant Atomizer

End Date: Monday Feb-24-2020 9:24:22 PST

La Nuit De L'homme L'intense by Yves Saint Laurent 3.3 oz EDP Spray for Men

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 22:49:51 PST
Buy It Now for only: $99.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YSL Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme L'Intense Eau De Parfum Cologne 3.3 oz

End Date: Friday Feb-28-2020 18:42:33 PST

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme L'Intense Eau De Parfum Spray 2 oz Sealed

End Date: Tuesday Mar-3-2020 12:37:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $73.99

Member images of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

There are no member images of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense yet. Why not be the first?