CH Men Privé (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseCarolina Herrera
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About CH Men Privé

CH Men Privé is a masculine fragrance by Carolina Herrera. The scent was launched in 2015

CH Men Privé fragrance notes

Reviews of CH Men Privé

Absolutely fantastic vanilla based scent (at least on my skin) while keeping that masculine base note. Just wish it lasted longer
01st December, 2017
This is no masterpiece. It does not smell of expensive ingredients. It is not groundbreaking.

However................This is damn nice!! I mean really nice.

I can see why Women compliment this one. It has that sweet sugar vibe which they are a sucker for but then you get this boozy/leather vibe which gives it a masculine edge and stops it becoming too young.

Very impressed!!
03rd October, 2017
Very masculine, boozy, leathery scent that also showcases a powdery cardamom nicely.

Feels more mature and dressed up but it's still a modern fragrance with plenty of macho-sweetness.

Projection is good, just enough to let others smell you when passing by but won't clear the room.
13th September, 2017
Scent
It's a sugar/leather/whiskey smell. Is it good? Damn it is! Is it getting me compliments? Hell yeah! Even my mother likes it a lot and she hates perfumes (?!?). It's not a sugarbomb like CH men, but has more depth and it far more masculine and therefore you can use this for office aswell.
In the opening you smell some grapefruit/citrus but then the sugar and the whiskey/leather notes kick in, ohh damn I love the smell of it. After an hour or 8, the final dry down, the leather note will take the lead. I'll be honest, this scent was in the beginning an okay scent for me but somehow it grew on me (too many compliments maybe?). I enjoy every moment of it, from the beginning till the end.

Projection
4 sprays last me a good project of 5-6 hours (first 2 hours a good projecten of 3 meters, then arm length projection)! For EDT it's pretty damn good. Almost perfoms like Pure Malt on my skin. After an hour or 6 it the projection becomes weaker, but you can still smell it on yourself, the sillage is still there.

Longevity
Lasts me a good solid 10-11 hours with 4 sprays, after that it will become a close skin scent. After 13 hrs it's completely gone.

Versatile
Perfect for fall and winter --> office, clubbing, dates, whatever you can think of. Can't go wrong with this smell.

-----
9.25/10

If you like CH men, go blind buy it. You will not be disappointed. It performs way better than the current CH men. And if you're hesitating, don't! Get it fast before they reformulate this one too!

PS: Valentino Uomo Intense (but more vanilla instead of whiskey) reminds me of this smell. This one performs excellent on my skin and I got 150 ML for 72 euros. VUI is selling for 70 EUR 100 ML. They both perform and if you look at the price tag I would pay a few more euros for that extra 50 ML.
24th February, 2017 (last edited: 04th March, 2017)
bigbz Show all reviews
Really nice flanker from CH IMO. Terrific longevity that just seems to keep on humming hour after hour making it's presence known, but without room clearing projection. Which I think is great for this kind of scent.
This has much more depth and maturity over the original,(which I get pretty strong hints of as Prive begins to drydown)but I still like the sugary sweetness of CH Men a bit better.

Opening is a big spicy leather blast upfront, quickly adding some citrus nuances as well. As the drydown begins, it sweetens up a bit and I detect a well blended/subtle boozy note and a ever so slight hint of resin too. A short time later it gets a little powdery as the tonka joins the sweet/spiced leather base.

I'm the type of person that doesn't normally designate fragrances to certain dress codes or occasions. But for some reason when I smell this, I feel like this scent almost needs to go along with semi-formal attire at the very least, along with the evening. I felt a little weird wearing a tshirt and shorts during the early afternoon the first day I wore this frangrance. Dunno, strange scent connection with my brain I guess?!lol

Anyway, a well done and thought out flanker that both has similarities with the original....but at the same time, it's very own distinctive and more mature character. Very well done.

17th September, 2016
Love this one even though the smell is similar to ysl la nuit( because the cardamom) and viktor & rolf spicebomb ( my favourite ever )

Great smell,good sillage and i get bout 5 hour longevity.the bottle also nice.
18th May, 2016