Pour Un Homme Sport (2015)
by Caron

Pour Un Homme Sport information

Year of Launch2015

HouseCaron
Parent CompanyAles Group

About Pour Un Homme Sport

The company say:

A fresh and modern interpretation [of the orignal] which retains the aromatic signature, and is enriched with citrus, spicy and woody notes.

Pour Un Homme Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Pour Un Homme Sport

I have not yet tried the original so I can't tell the impact of the "Sport" in this version. I don't find it particularly sporty though. The initial phase did not impress me. Then came the drydown - that's the good part! Some say the lavender from the original is there but I found it accompanied by a sweet and creamy sort of mint. Almost like an edible minty ice cream.

I have been wearing it a few times but my sample is now done unfortunately. If a full bottle was available at a descent price I might have bought it. Try not to think of it as a bad flanker of a classic, since I don't have a history with Caron I'm just enjoying this scent. Hopefully you will too!
28th June, 2017
I came to my third and final Caron sample with some trepidation, mostly caused by the "Sport" appellation, which normally signals No Good Thing Can Happen. The question to interrogate this scent with is: how do you make the dandyish, of-its-time Pour un Homme into something "sporty"?

I am afraid my answer is facetious: Not with much success. PuHS opens with something of the realistic lavender of the original, but accompanied by sweet fruity and green notes, with the overall effect being one of molten jelly babies; a vaguely aquatic and slightly salty accord accompanies it. This initial stage lasts for about four hours with no respite; until, suddently, the sweetness dissipates and the sole remaining accord is that of Caron's excellent lavender. It then hums along quietly for another couple of hours or so, until the whole thing switches off like a light bulb. I admit, this second phase is not too bad, if linear, but being caught between that awful opening and expecting the next twist in the tail (I was expecting the burnt lavender and vanilla of the original to surface at some point) made it impossible to enjoy.

All in all, not a good experience. And I can't see where this effort is going to take the house - I would imagine that those young enough to enjoy PuHS won't be shopping at Caron anyway, so I have to remain dubious about the prospects for this scent kickstarting a Caron revival. I will be sticking to the classics from this house, and I don't mind suggesting that you do the same.
18th December, 2016