Boszporusz (2013)

Boszporusz information

Year of Launch2013

HouseNishane

About Boszporusz

Boszporusz is a shared / unisex perfume by Nishane. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of Boszporusz

rbaker Show all reviews
A fresh maritime seaweed together with herbal - sage mainly - and cypress notes form a delightful opening. In the heart notes floral impressions emerge, with jasmine and gardenia prominent on my skin. This is a delightful development.

In the base I get more spicy turn, with a fairly soft patchouli and a medium-weight bright amber adding complexity towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and seven hours of longevity in my skin.

A nice scent for warmer days. Like traversing the Bosphorus Bridge from one side to the other, from Europe to Asia, we go from an aquatic-maritime-floral end towards a more oriental shore. Very nice. 3.5/5
25th December, 2016
This was awful on my skin. One of the worst things I've smelled in ages.

A salty, metallic floral with a prominent 'wet dog' note. There's a strong iron note too, giving the impression of blood.

A true scrubber.

Ghastly!

04th November, 2016
I'm not sure what the link to the Bosphorus is, but if I were searching, a la Turin & Sanchez, for a two-word description that doubles as a mock genre for this fragrance, it would be "aquatic chypre", or perhaps, taking a few liberties, "aquatic-floral chypre". NB (I'm not going to write out all those consonants) is redolent of the classic chypres but adds some pleasing floral notes via the gardenia, and a somewhat mysterious, though fun, aspect, through the inclusion of seaweed or something of that ilk. The overall impression is of walking through a fantasy forest that is near the sea. I think it could be a genuine unisex, although no doubt many males will be wary of the gardenia, and many females possibly put off by the astringency and power of the seaweed and oakmoss working in tandem.

I've not smelled the older Kenzos so I can't make that comparison. This is certainly unlike anything I've tried before, although there is enough connection to existing genres for it to make sense. However, unlike many things that cross genres like this, I struggle to think of an occasion for wear.

NB came in extrait form in my sample, and has impressive longevity on me although sillage no greater than many EDTs. Those coming close will get a good dose of seaweed and other prominent notes, so be careful who you invite into proximity while wearing.

I would put this down as a well-constructed fragrance that is thought-provoking, has decent performance, an element of fun and some originality. Not sure about the pricing and therefore value without checking, but I would certainly recommend checking out in sample form.
21st August, 2016
Identical fragrance to the masterpiece of Kenzo pour homme

29th June, 2016

End Date: Thursday May-16-2019 5:34:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $218.34
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Boszporusz

There are no member images of Boszporusz yet. Why not be the first?