Leather Man (2015)

HouseDame Perfumery
Creative DirectorCullen Dame
Creative DirectorJeffrey Dame

About Leather Man

Leather Man is a masculine fragrance by Dame Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2015

Reviews of Leather Man

JBS1 Show all reviews
I spray my faux suede jacket with Dame's Leather and get decent results from it. I also spray the inside collars of my leather jacket with Dame's Leather. It's cloth material , and I also get decent results from it. You will need to decant for the day with this one, but the cost is attractive.
Do I enjoy the smell ? Yes, it's a very easy fragrance to wear.
No one in any checkout line is going to be offended by it.
I've received compliments by doing so.
If you're looking for a fragrance that's going to remind people of a growling bear, than look elsewhere, but if you want smiles on a frosty night to light up and warm festive hearts around you, then give Dame's Leather a sample see.

best holiday seasons ahead to all
13th November, 2018
Having used a sample of this one, I can say that is one the lowest performing fragrances I've ever tried; for me it's a skin scent from the initial application.
I see this as a floral balsamic scent. I wouldn't say it's leathery, but that it wears like a second skin. More than a cologne, I could see this as the smell of the skin after a bath.
18th December, 2017
Barely a thumbs up. Doesn't smell bad, just doesn't smell leathery. Ok, leather is suggested, under the green floral. Not sure why all of the neutrals. Thousands of boring bland generic citrus frags out there on Macy's/Sapora's shelves get thumbs up. Frags that smell IDENTICALLY SAFE. I give it a slight thumbs up b/c it smells unique.
14th August, 2017
Got more of a synthetic gardenia note and sandalwood vibe with this one. Should have been called Floral Leather. Had to wait for the minutes to get any synthetic leather out of this. This stil, smells OK though. Just doesn't smell like the name. 6.5/10
16th April, 2017
I find myself somewhat indifferent to Dame Perfumery Leather Man Cologne, whereas I certainly liked Herb Man Cologne and New Musk Man Cologne. The concept of a "light leather" fragrance is lost on me somewhat as its inherently animalic and most often sharp character doesn't lend itself to be a standout component of warm weather-friendly fragrances. Still, this is a neat composition in that I've not really smelled anything quite like it.

There are clearly a variety of notes in play here, but I don't detect many of the listed one. Rather, I get jasmine in particular but just some other florals more generally, along with a fairly dry base. I don't get the amber at all, frankly. Still, the mix is interesting but just isn't quite flattering on my skin.

Unfortunately, Leather Man's performance left a lot to be desired, as it was barely even a skin scent after an hour and a half. Though some might enjoy a lighter scent that fades, I'd certainly prefer leathers to be more robust.

Certainly the price is right (at $65 for 100ml) if you dig it, which many seem to. Perhaps it's just not as outstanding my skin---I could see this as just a few tweaks away from being outstanding.

6 out of 10

24th June, 2016
If Turin were applying his two word summary to this new scent, he might call this "not leather."

Considering that two of the notes don't exist (you can't extract gardenia scent from the flower - it has to be "suggested" by tempering tuberose with jasmine and other light florals; leather is again non-extractable, it smells of the oils used to seasoned it), this is to my nose and on my skin, a perfectly decent and very light wood scent.

Iris and sandalwood seem to be the two primary oils blended here to simulate the "light leather" scent reviewers on other sites acknowledge. Had more iris been used in its composition, it could have veered toward the true leather vibe. In its current formulation, this is merely hinted at.

A good base from which to develop a more complex end result.
11th December, 2015

Add your review of Leather Man

Shop for Leather Man products online

Member images of Leather Man

There are no member images of Leather Man yet. Why not be the first?