cK2 (2016)

HouseCalvin Klein
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About cK2

cK2 is a shared / unisex perfume by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2016

cK2 fragrance notes

Reviews of cK2

There is minimal and there is simplistic.

Calvin Klein has been known for their accomplishments in the realm of haute minimalism.

But cK2 is truly an accomplishment in the realm of simplistic.
22nd August, 2017
A very nice entry into the Calvin Klein line!

This one, IMO, is like a more accessible, far less expensive version of Silver Mountain Water by Creed: Lemony, fruity, slight musky undertones, watery.

Nicely balanced outing, worth a sample for sure.
11th January, 2017
Now that those of us who were in middle school, awash in either Deee-Lite or Nirvana, back when CKone was new, have grown up, I find the release of this slightly humorous. I love the bottle design, although it reminds me of something I'd label "recovery room chic". I chuckled at the note in the description: "wet cobblestones", being reminded of "..Pale Grey Mountain" which comes with similar descriptions.
After trying CK2, I was pleasantly pleased. It has a wet, clean stone vibe that put me in my place, and seems to have a dose of cedramber (I think) to compliment a stiff grey earthiness that comes from the orris. I am curious about the wasabi, and wondering if it is wasabi leaf they are identifying.
I grabbed a small bottle of this before really giving a few chances, and as it continues to develop, I'm glad I did.
It is all rain and fog, not a cozy blanket but a ride on the El train with a wet umbrella and a hot green tea. It doesn't scream, but it uses an "inside voice", and it certainly gets its point across.
7.5/10
14th December, 2016
My first impression of CK2 was not a good one; It did not come across as anything I had expected and I initially mistook its softness for weakness. After spending an afternoon with it, I recognized a structure similar to the drydown of Background by Jil Sander. The opening was a bit too powdery and floral, and I was really searching for that 'wasabi' note. I stopped paying attention for a while, and after maybe forty minutes thought I smelled something very familiar - Dzongkha! I suddenly understood the point of CK2, with the peony, vetiver, stones, incense, and unisex labeling all softly recreating the basic structure of one of my favorite l'Artisan creations. CK2 isn't nearly as strong as Dzongkha, and without the papyrus and cedar it is much less woody. The end result is like the Tibetan mountain temple that is Dzongkha on a rainy day. The spirit is still there but the edges are worn off, the volume is low, and the petrichor replaces the smoke of the now dampened incense. Projection drops steeply after the first half hour but the scent remains for most of the day. I feel like this is a reworking of CK Man, and a rather good attempt. If the projection was any better I might have counted it among their best.
11th December, 2016
CK2 was a blind buy for me, and one I am very happy with. This to me is a perfected version of Burberry Weekend. Weekend is a nice floral Spring fragrance for men, but it has this horrible accord that smells like pesticides or something. CK2 is not a carbon copy of Weekend either, but it shares a lot of similarities.

The notes are left up to the imagination a bit. What I get up top is mandarin, violet, and mint. through the middle, it stays sort of the same but an awesome green rose note creeps in. The base.. I don't really get any of the notes listed, rather a floral musky base, very light and very close to the skin, almost undetectable.

The major drawback for me with CK2 is longevity.. I don't get more than 3 or 4 hours. Another problem (maybe I just got unlucky buying from Fragnet) my bottles seems to leak a lot, perhaps a flaw in the design? So I keep it right side up using the cap as a cradle. However, even when I spray it, it seems to leak a bit out of the collar/neck.

Regardless, this is a beautiful fragrance from Calvin Klein, in my opinion. It follows the theme for Spring, floral, fresh, light, transparent. Projection is good, but longevity, not so much.

To me, this bears no similarities to CK One, or CK Be, as I own them both, and wear both frequently.
10th September, 2016

A bright perfume that spreads summer feeling and good vibrations.CK2 is so simple without any surprising notes and any sharp edges.it is not the kind of scent for those who want to cause leaving a heavy trail.the best thing about this fragrance to me is its simplicity and freshness.like a fresh spicy sea breeze that awakens memories of summer.Sparkling, Woody,Casual,Aromatic,Clean,Smooth,Safe,Perfectly Unisex and Ultimately Fresh.

The first spray is aromatic citruse notes of mandarin,viole leaf that evokes immediate freshness. the pebbles mixes elegantly with peony and rose in the heart.while dry down woods stir up with sandalwood and vetiver to leave a splashy yet substantive impression.the scent is youthful and careless.very good fresh clean scent that can be worn all year especially great for carefree days or those times when you just want to remind yourself how beautiful and joyful life.

Sillage?Average.

Longevity?Pretty Good on my skin.

6.5/10

21st June, 2016

Add your review of cK2

Shop for cK2 products online

Search Amazon for cK2

Member images of cK2

There are no member images of cK2 yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads