Chocolate Wasted (2015)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseHaught Perfumes
PerfumerJarekhye Covarrubias

About Chocolate Wasted

Chocolate Wasted is a shared / unisex perfume by Haught Perfumes. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jarekhye Covarrubias

Chocolate Wasted fragrance notes

Reviews of Chocolate Wasted

I think Daneiq has a pretty much spot on review. The only difference is I have to give the thumbs down, since I find this scent unwearable.
11th March, 2017
danieq Show all reviews
I've tested twice now and here are my findings.
1. I think this is primarily as Mexican Hot Chocolate scent. That is the vibe I get from it. Definitely chocolate, but a spicy, dry sort of chocolate.

2. The dusty vibe is what makes me think of marshmallow. A real marshmallow is sort of soft and dusty as you pop it in your mouth. That quality exists here. If you consider that hot cocoa is often enhanced by marshmallow, you can see where the perfumer might have been heading.

3. This fragrance has a certain something which most homegrown perfumes seem to have. I've yet to identify it, but I only find it in small perfumeries that seem to do something more akin to perfume oils than a traditional perfumers fragrance. It ends up smelling of wet socks on my skin and that is the case here, always the underlying socks. Therefore, yesterday, I sprayed it only on my blouse before wearing, not on my skin at all, thinking it was just my skin which picks this up. Sadly, my clothing also grabbed the wet sock note. (is this perhaps a difference between a trained perfumer and doing what you can from books??) I get it from Alkemia, Pith Chocolate Crave and quite a few others as well. And now, Haught.

4. I think this would benefit by adding some sweetened vanilla, at least so it'd become more gourmand friendly. I think I will try layering it to see if that would work better. The second day on fabric is quite lovely and the wet sock smell seems to have dissipated. I'm interested to see if a good layering with a vanilla will arrest the problem.

Overall, I like the scent. If I could eliminate (isolate) the wet sock vibe, I think I'd really like it a lot. It's got good bones and the longevity for me has been a full days wear. It wears close to the skin but wafts nicely.
29th September, 2016

Add your review of Chocolate Wasted

Shop for Chocolate Wasted products online

Search Amazon for Chocolate Wasted

Member images of Chocolate Wasted

There are no member images of Chocolate Wasted yet. Why not be the first?