Notting Hill for Her (2013)
by English Laundry

Notting Hill for Her information

Year of Launch2013

HouseEnglish Laundry
PerfumerChristopher Wicks

About Notting Hill for Her

Notting Hill for Her is a feminine perfume by English Laundry. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Wicks

Notting Hill for Her fragrance notes

Reviews of Notting Hill for Her

There is one review of Notting Hill for Her.
kupgup Show all reviews
It's . . . nice. Like something a nice person would wear in nice company while having a nice conversation over a nice cup of tea.

I get zero citrus off of it, nor peppercorn. It's pretty much just flowers, sweet and inoffensive and bland. It's got a smiling-and-nodding vibe.

But I can't hate it, though. I just can't! Despite being a sarcastic grump about everything, and a pretty big hater of floral notes that rub me the wrong way. It's just too gosh-darned gentle and mild-mannered to hate.

And I also have to give it props (and ultimately the thumbs up rating) because--despite being insufferably bland to my nose--it sparked my interest in fragrances.

I've spent most of my life sniffing toiletries and going "eeeeewwwwwwww," recoiling when people near me whip out bottles of lotion, being miserable when I have to visit the laundry soap aisle, and generally seeking out products that are unscented or have minimal smells. I was sure I hated basically all fragrances and scented things (candles, lotion, whatever), simply because I'd mostly only noticed ones I found hateful.

Then along came a Notting Hill sample in a subscription box. I gave it a chance just for laughs, because that was the point of getting the box, and what else was I going to do with it?

I didn't like it at first.

But it grew on me over the next hour or so. And then I wore it a few days later. And then I wore it again. Before this I would have told you I flat-out hated conventional smelling flowery perfumes, all of them, full stop. And this really does fall into my brain's "conventional smelling flowery perfume" category, even after some more experience.

. . . But it's just so insufferably nice, that after a few wears I decided to go take some chances sampling other things too. And soon I was finding other things that I found wearable, even things I actively enjoyed (much more than Notting Hill). And I realized that fragrance is actually a pretty interesting thing, even if I don't enjoy everything ever.

So, good job Notting Hill, you sweet little goody two-shoes, you. Could you pass the scones, dear?
19th May, 2017

Add your review of Notting Hill for Her

Shop for Notting Hill for Her products online

Search Amazon for Notting Hill for Her

Member images of Notting Hill for Her

There are no member images of Notting Hill for Her yet. Why not be the first?