Cuir Vetiver (2016)

HouseYves Rocher
PerfumerSonia Constant
SupplierGivaudan

About Cuir Vetiver

Cuir Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sonia Constant

Cuir Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Vetiver

Ifti Show all reviews
Quite nice. I guess something to try for vetiver heads.
Found it too sweet ( Tonka) for my liking. Still get the nice bite of vetiver, but much like Burberry Touch the Tonka makes its too sweet .
Also got some similarities with EN Sport, swap something in the ENS with Tonka and it'd be very similar with the fresh tangy vetiver.
Not traditional leather and not much I got from this , I guess it's going for the lush saccharine suede type that gets lost/or works too well with the Tonka.
From sample I agree that this has above average longevity and reach.
possibly cloying for big heat yet
Nice enough 😉 for spring.
19th September, 2018
On this forum there is very little love for Yves Rocher. Or perhaps even worse, little interest. You know, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about?
Combined with my cultural love of the underdog and the seemingly desperate measure of offering this new product at a massive discount, I for one wanted to like this fragrance and so I placed my order.
I am so pleased l did. Packaging is a no frills affair, the bottle has a mock wood cap in a light oak colour. The glass is plain and blocky with unfussy helvetica lettering.
The fragrance, I loved from the first spray. For me this seems to be the way; Fragrances I like will grow on me, fragrances I love seem to grab me at the outset. Warm and gingery, sweet smokiness. I've found it lasts very well on my skin. I will perhaps apply twice during a typical day. A definite thumbs up for me and a welcome addition to my collection.
08th August, 2016
One of the most honest, worthwhile and affordably good releases in a long while. I am not a fan of Yves Rocher usually, as despite I respect the brand, none of their releases seemed that interesting to me so far (not even for the price); but Cuir Vetiver quite got me. It is by no means inferior to many decent designers easily showing double the price tag – Hermès, for instance: for the similarity of the notes, the composition and the quality, this could have easily been a budget-mainstream release by them. In fact Cuir Vetiver is basically a cheaper, yet absolutely solid sort of fresher Vetiver Tonka meeting Terre d’Hermès with a thin shade of some smoky tonka-infused suede (and that’s the only “cuir” you’ll get), and also some tangy cardamom nuance which reminds me of another Hermès scent for men – Voyage.

A poor man’s Hermès digest, shortly, with a surprising good quality and a not-so-ordinary texture. Specifically I detect here a more than compelling sort of fresh-woody-powdery transparent clarity dangerously close to Ellena’s style, and despite Cuir Vetiver smells quite close to the stuff I mentioned above, for some reasons it doesn’t feel just like a blatant ripoff of it. I don’t get what precisely, but there’s more than that. It’s like if more than a simple passive carbon-copying activity to monetize on other brands’ ideas, this was just more a genuine “tribute” simply taking inspiration from them with enough skills and budget to elaborate the brief a bit. It’s still 90% close to Vetiver Tonka and the other couple of Hermès I mentioned, but the remaining 10% is, well, a little sparkle of uniqueness (after all, it’s fresher than Vetiver Tonka, and smokier than both Terre and Voyage – unique, in its own and a bit derivative way).

So, all in all, totally recommended. It smells good, classy, versatile, smoky yet fresh and breezy enough to be perfect for any climate and circumstance. And surprisingly natural, too, considering the level of flat syntheticness you usually get at this price range. Sadly the persistence is a bit weak, but it’s so inexpensive that you can simply reapply it on and on. For 29 eur/100 ml or so, a total winner in my “everyday-replacement-for-more-expensive-stuff” book.

10th March, 2016

Add your review of Cuir Vetiver

Shop for Cuir Vetiver products online

CUIR VETIVER FOR MEN YVES ROCHER EDT SPRAY 100 ml./ 3.3 oz NEW!

End Date: Saturday Feb-23-2019 11:28:42 PST

Yves Rocher CUIR VETIVER, Eau de Toilette, 50ml, NIB, EXP: 2020

End Date: Friday Mar-1-2019 13:00:14 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CUIR VETIVER FOR MEN SET X 2 (EDT SP 100 ml + HAIR & BODY SHAMPOO 200 ml) NEW!

End Date: Friday Mar-8-2019 10:43:24 PST
Buy It Now for only: $57.88
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CUIR VETIVER FOR MEN YVES ROCHER EDT SPRAY 100 ml./ 3.3 oz NEW. Free shipping!

End Date: Saturday Mar-16-2019 12:04:56 PDT

Yves Rocher CUIR VETIVER, Eau de Toilette, 50ml, NIB

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 20:04:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $25.00

Member images of Cuir Vetiver

There are no member images of Cuir Vetiver yet. Why not be the first?