Every Storm A Serenade

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Every Storm A Serenade

Imaginary Authors say:

Don’t be detoured by perceptions of ambergris, this is an everyday scent for those with discriminating

Each Imaginary Authors fragrances come with a backstory. Every Storm a Serenade is:

When Stina, a burgeoning writer, decamps to her mother’s summer house for the winter to write a book, her trip overlaps for one day (and one steamy night) with a brawny fisherman named Ulv. While she struggles to gain traction with her novel, her fixation on the mysterious seafarer results in countless unsent letters, the contents of which chronicle the spiraling psyche of lust and longing. Set on the desolate west coast of Denmark during the tourist off-season, Every Storm a Serenade is a meditative masterwork that will lull you with its well-designed sentences and intimate tone.

Every Storm A Serenade fragrance notes

Reviews of Every Storm A Serenade

Heavy spruce opening. I detect a hint of smoke after a bit that become very earthy and that vetiver kicks in. Salty marine notes/aquatic meld well with the vetiver. The eucalyptus is almost a light cough drop quality - slightly there floating on the surface, but not as prominent on my skin.

I prefer that spruce is the dominate woody note and the salty marine really pushes through. Longevity is moderate. I enjoyed wearing this as a woman and is a great unisex frag for the colder months.
31st January, 2019
Starts off strong with the spruce note, then transitions into a smokey-vetiver with some citrus and salty sea air. The spruce note hangs on for most of the scent but the vetiver seems to be the main player as the scent progresses.

I get slightly above average projection and just average longevity, around 5-6 hours.
28th October, 2018
I like how this wears.

I just can't really describe this one at the moment.

Really beautiful accord.
18th January, 2018 (last edited: 21st January, 2018)
Every Storm A Serenade:

Paper-
Invigorating and fresh and calming at the same time. The very familiar calone note is so very smartly paired to a woodsy opening of evergreen mixed with the waking qualities of eucalyptus. I absolutely love the nutmeg spiced vetiver note. Out of the tour of samples I have from Imaginary Authors, this seems the most mainstream accessible fragrance in the short story collection. Familiar, in the way of 'acqua' fragrances to a degree, but unique, and in another class entirely.

Skin-
This scent is top notch. You are immediately aware that you are wearing a masterly composed scent. This goes in to a select club of aquatic scents that really put the mainstream category to shame. I know the story is set in a coastal town in Denmark, which I have never been, but for me this scent encapsulates the pacific north west, where you are surrounded by magnificent old trees that grow right up into the coastline. Along with all of this, the scent describes to me a colliding of inspiration between luxury parfumerie, and time tested designer aquatic elements, except it has probably bested both.

Solid
07th August, 2017 (last edited: 04th April, 2018)
I catch an initial coniferous scent. It's bright for a moment, but it is very brief and quickly gives way to a note that I think is supposed to be the smell of ozone, as in the fresh scent that comes after a storm. I've worn this fragrance three times now, as I wanted to try and identify the various notes. There's a mossy quality going on, as well as a vetiver note. They're going for the greens, but the overarching, overpowering scent of this fragrance is that ozone note, which I hate to say reminds me more of the smell of air that comes out of an air mattress when you deflate it. It honestly reminds me of that smell lot. Warm air that's been contained in malleable plastic and is a bit stale. I applaud the idea, but just don't feel that it was quite achieved, therefore, I give this one a neutral rating.
28th July, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The fresh wood notes of the spruce in the opening phase is just delightful, and a bright vetiver enhances this uplifting perception. Mind you, this is not a deep and heavily rich wood note; it has no shadow and no booziness and is more reflective of an an Procenšal forest in early summer. The vetiver is also bright and lacks any dark and earthy characteristics in my skin.

The drydown with the marine twist is nice but less convincing. It is gentle and somewhat withdrawn and lacks the direct and intestive sea notes that is delivered, for instance, by Erolfa and Bergamotto Marino.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity.

A lovely bright summery wood composition with a marine bent and limited longevity, but composed of ingredients of excellent quality. 3.5/5
16th July, 2016

Add your review of Every Storm A Serenade

Shop for Every Storm A Serenade products online

Shop for Every Storm A Serenade at online perfumeries

Imaginary Authors Every Storm A Serenade EDP - 50ml - by Josh Meyer - Made in US

End Date: Wednesday Feb-27-2019 15:27:31 PST
Buy It Now for only: $75.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Every Storm A Serenade

There are no member images of Every Storm A Serenade yet. Why not be the first?