1770 (2016)

Year of Launch2016

PerfumerJean-Charles Mignon
Parent CompanyLornamead

About 1770

1770 is a masculine fragrance by Yardley. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Charles Mignon

1770 fragrance notes

Reviews of 1770

There is one review of 1770.
Derbyman Show all reviews
Well....I cracked and bought this blind. Boots claimed the tester had been stolen so I splashed the £20.00 and bought a bottle. Glad I did though - it's a good fragrance. Not outstanding but well crafted and smells like it has good quality ingredients. It starts off with quite a boozy smell, very warm and woody with an ambery undertone. As it develops the cocoa note appears and the vanilla comes through. It never quite becomes a gourmand scent as the dry, woody notes never subside enough but it's slightly sweet and moreish. Overall I think it's more complex and expensive smelling than I expected. At times the 'woody' aspect reminds me of Gucci PH (2003) but with an ambery, vanilla in the background. The longevity is pretty good - I've worn it 4 or 5 times now and I can still smell it clearly after 5-6 hours. It's not a crazy, projecting powerhouse fragrance but it has substance. The bottle is very nice and somehow suits the contents very well. It's not an 'old-fashioned' fragrance as you might have expected from Yardley - this is quite contemporary smelling and will hopefully win the house some younger fans...!
19th January, 2017

Add your review of 1770

Shop for 1770 products online

Search Amazon for 1770

Member images of 1770

There are no member images of 1770 yet. Why not be the first?