Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre (2016)
by Les Liquides Imaginaires

Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre information

Year of Launch2016

HouseLes Liquides Imaginaires
PerfumerNadège Le Garlantezec
SupplierGivaudan

About Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre

Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre is a shared / unisex perfume by Les Liquides Imaginaires. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nadège Le Garlantezec

Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre fragrance notes

Reviews of Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre

Il Poupre is a mildly sweet, medium toned woods fragrance that has bits of fig, davana, iris, shiso, ginger, angelica with an ambroxan and cashmeran base to add warm cuddliness to the final impression. There is a large variety of various fragrant bits which form a complex but very generic smelling scent that lacks specific character, but is never offensive or unpleasant. This reminds me of the aroma of a freshly polished wooden cabinet that is pleasant but also not too,special. Il Poupre is a "jack of all trades and master of none" kind of generic unspecific woods tonal fragrance. Nice name, great bottle and a richly colored dark ruby purple scent that I really wish I could rave about, but, it doesn't really happen for me.
20th March, 2017 (last edited: 21st March, 2017)
I really like this house. This is only the third fragrance I have tried from them, but have yet to be disappointed. I got a sample of this one from Barneys in Vegas. It lasts for about 3 hours on me, but those 3 hours are pretty fantastic. I don't find very much evolution which is fine because I really dig the opening. I find it to be a mix of spice and black licorice with a smooth boozy undertone. It smells classy and elegant with enough youth for me to wear comfortably. Probably wouldn't buy a full bottle due to the longevity...though maybe I can talk myself into it.
02nd February, 2017
Kaern Show all reviews
The 'pyramid' looks frightening but really this is a more deeper, richer version of Dom Rosa from the same House -- substituting a fruity red wine for that one's 'champagne' notes.

A wonderful restrained woody accord [with hints of a sweet curry] permeate the base, which lasts for ages - on me anyway.

Expensive but wonderful-- especially for winter.
10th January, 2017
For all of the notes listed in its pyramid, what I get from Ile Pourpre is fairly easy to explain: It smells like a spiced fruit punch. It's not as dark, or as heavy as I had imagined--in fact it's fresh. Its standout accord is the black fig, which to my nose resembles plum and is accented with ginger and angelica seed. If Tom Ford's Plum Japonais can be considered dark, syrupy, and somewhat obscured by spices, Ile Pourpre may be thought of as Plum Japonais brought into the light. While some shadows remain, the more syrupy aspect of Plum Japonais is replaced by a refreshing airiness, and the spices, rather than sitting on top of the fragrance, embellish its edges. As it dries down and settles into the base, some darker, woody tones emerge giving Ile Pourpre a kind of tranquil and composed conclusion. There is a lightness of weight to the composition that's very attractive, and makes it an easy, comfortable wear throughout the day. Unfortunately, its downside is performance, possessing both moderate projection and longevity. While I feel its subdued projection is an asset (I wouldn't want it to project any further), I'm not thrilled with the 4 to 5 hours of longevity I get from Ile Pourpre. Still, this one smells terrific, and I'm willing to overlook what I would consider the only flaw in an otherwise excellent fragrance. Overall, Ile Pourpre has a versatile feel, suited for days or nights, and wouldn't seem out of place being a little dressed up. Thumbs up and recommended for sampling, especially if you are considering something with fig or plum.
14th November, 2016

Add your review of Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre

Shop for Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre products online

Search Amazon for Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre

Member images of Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre

There are no member images of Eaux Imaginaires : Île Pourpre yet. Why not be the first?