Bergamote Soleil (2016)

HouseAtelier Cologne
Parent Company at launchL'Oréal Group

About Bergamote Soleil

The company say:

A Cologne Absolue celebrates the elegance of citruses, the traditional ingredients of a cologne. For the first time, citruses are blended with the most precious raw materials in perfumery for perfectly balanced creations with outstanding lasting power thanks to very high concentration of essential oils.

Reviews of Bergamote Soleil

Sweet & Sour Bergamot... the best there is?

Well, I haven't tried a fragrance that focused unashamedly on the Bergamot note before. Bergamot is such a workhorse note which helps so many fragrances (for example every chypre has to have bergamot). In fact, some of the most classic fragrances out there would not exist without Bergmot, so it is a seminal note in perfumery.

In this fantastic example from Atelier Cologne, the note is given it's full space to breathe, it is at the centre of the party... the star attraction. I personally find this one very tart. Tart and sour in fact. It is sour and tangy and you can almost taste it, the high quality bergamot oil used here. It is bold and green and oily and sour, with hints of both bitterness and sweetness around the edges. Really good quality. In terms of performance I have to say it's not as strong as I thought it would be, but it does last a while.

Ultimately, I think that because of it's sheer simplicity, it's not something that attracts me. What I mean to say by that is, I'm not a fan of a purely bergamot note. I like bergamot in all my favourite fragrances, but this is like pure, high quality, zesty bergamot oil. It's quality is undeniable, but purely for my own tastes, I go for other citrus fragrances. If you are a fan of green, zesty citrus, then by all means do try this one out, as it is highly recommended. For myself, I own other fragrances from this house which I prefer, and I will continue to try more fragrances from this house as well.
26th August, 2018
The opening is sparkling fresh with bergamot having the central stage. After the first hour, when the bergamot loses its power, the dry down phase is the usual Atelier base that I know from many more of their offerings. It's a nice summer scent, but it doesn't stand out in any way. My reference bergamot perfume is Le Labo's Bergamote 22 which wows me when I put it on, at least in the first hour. Bergamote Soleil doesn't really move me.
18th May, 2018
Bitter orange peel that lasts all day.

Bergamot and vetiver are the stars here. A dry citrus that is sharp and biting, perfect for summer.

Really good longevity. Not a huge projector but persists all day and into the night, albeit lightly.

05th August, 2017
A good, bitter, green and bold citrus, with much cardamom and vetiver. Quite well done, but a bit boring. Might be on the masculine side.
19th April, 2017
Dry citrus with a cleaner solution at first spray. Calms down to a slightly bitter citrus fragrance. Not bad, just not for me.
18th August, 2016
Sweet and juicy, like biting into a sweet lemon suprême, or sucking on a citrusy hard candy. It has a sugary feel to it that I enjoy, with a bergamot floralcy that develops in a few minutes.
As I type, I am getting a bit of something akin to the scent of violet candies: violet, but not the stemmy, green of violet leaf.
A sweet one, with plenty of references to candy, that, while done well, does not stick out.
08th August, 2016

Add your review of Bergamote Soleil

Shop for Bergamote Soleil products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Bergamote Soleil