Bergamote Soleil (2016)

HouseAtelier Cologne
Parent Company at launchL'Oréal Group

About Bergamote Soleil

The company say:

A Cologne Absolue celebrates the elegance of citruses, the traditional ingredients of a cologne. For the first time, citruses are blended with the most precious raw materials in perfumery for perfectly balanced creations with outstanding lasting power thanks to very high concentration of essential oils.

Reviews of Bergamote Soleil

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a bergamot fest indeed, flanked by a lemon burst - tart and refreshing indeed. Soon a good hit of cardamom is added to it, leading into the drydown.

As expected, the fresh side is receding in the drydown to make space for a floral mix; mainly jasmine with some lavender. At times whiffs of vetiver bring in additional glances of brightness.

The base looses the freshness and combines a nonspecific woodsiness with some white musks and a perfunctory synthetic mossy note.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and three hours of longevity on my skin, which is not bad for such a citrus-centric composition.

This is a much refreshing summer scent for hot days. The top notes are what this is all about, with the base being a generic-synthetic afterthought of little interest. Given the alternatives for such a summer fragrance, from Le Labo’s Bergamote 22 (the closest competition) and such greats as Creeds’ Boos de Cedrat and Citrus Bigarrade, Monsieur Balmain, Penhaligon’s Extract of Lime and others, it is hard to say why one would choose Bergamote Soleil, but for those who want a bergamot-focused summer spritz this one is worth a try. 3.5/5.
22nd August, 2019
I love this one, it's one of my favorites from this house. It smells like sunshine in a bottle, and is perfect in late spring/early summer, or any time the temperature ranges from 70-80 degrees. I just finished my mini today, and as soon as I finish a few more summery scents, I will probably invest in the 30mL next summer. Gorgeous.
01st July, 2019
Smells like sunshine and woods to me. Beautiful bergamot top note which on me does get pretty good longevity for a citrus note, then it shifts to a nice soft woodsy vibe with the vetiver, oakmoss, lavender and spices. So good and one of my absolute faves from this house.
19th March, 2019
Sweet & Sour Bergamot... the best there is?

Well, I haven't tried a fragrance that focused unashamedly on the Bergamot note before. Bergamot is such a workhorse note which helps so many fragrances (for example every chypre has to have bergamot). In fact, some of the most classic fragrances out there would not exist without Bergmot, so it is a seminal note in perfumery.

In this fantastic example from Atelier Cologne, the note is given it's full space to breathe, it is at the centre of the party... the star attraction. I personally find this one very tart. Tart and sour in fact. It is sour and tangy and you can almost taste it, the high quality bergamot oil used here. It is bold and green and oily and sour, with hints of both bitterness and sweetness around the edges. Really good quality. In terms of performance I have to say it's not as strong as I thought it would be, but it does last a while.

Ultimately, I think that because of it's sheer simplicity, it's not something that attracts me. What I mean to say by that is, I'm not a fan of a purely bergamot note. I like bergamot in all my favourite fragrances, but this is like pure, high quality, zesty bergamot oil. It's quality is undeniable, but purely for my own tastes, I go for other citrus fragrances. If you are a fan of green, zesty citrus, then by all means do try this one out, as it is highly recommended. For myself, I own other fragrances from this house which I prefer, and I will continue to try more fragrances from this house as well.
26th August, 2018
The opening is sparkling fresh with bergamot having the central stage. After the first hour, when the bergamot loses its power, the dry down phase is the usual Atelier base that I know from many more of their offerings. It's a nice summer scent, but it doesn't stand out in any way. My reference bergamot perfume is Le Labo's Bergamote 22 which wows me when I put it on, at least in the first hour. Bergamote Soleil doesn't really move me.
18th May, 2018
Bitter orange peel that lasts all day.

Bergamot and vetiver are the stars here. A dry citrus that is sharp and biting, perfect for summer.

Really good longevity. Not a huge projector but persists all day and into the night, albeit lightly.

05th August, 2017

Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil Splash 0.24oz /7ml NEW UNBOX

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 12:14:47 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 x Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil Absolue 1.2mL 0.04 oz Sample = 0.08 perfume

End Date: Monday Jan-27-2020 21:19:25 PST

perfume hombre mujer Atelier Cologne Eau de Parfum, Gold Leather, 6.7oz unisex

End Date: Saturday Feb-8-2020 8:45:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $181.55
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ATELIER COLOGNE BERGAMOTE SOLEIL Cologne Absolue SPLASH VIAL 0.1 Oz /3 ml SAMPLE

End Date: Sunday Feb-9-2020 12:24:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $8.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Atelier Cologne Cologne Absolue Fresh Pure Perfume Nomade Collection 0.14 oz NEW

End Date: Sunday Feb-9-2020 18:31:32 PST