Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate (2016)
by Hermès

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate information

Year of Launch2016

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

It smells wonderfully of rhubarb !
It doesn't last very long, but as soon as you transpire a bit ...it exhales subtly from your skin all over again.
And in AL ...there are plenty of occasions for a little transpiring. Love this fragrance.
It DOES have a Hermès kind of core signature that can be detected in ALL Hermès fragrances.
09th July, 2017
This is a great, slightly syrupy rendition of rhubarb with a bright lemon twist. I absentmindedly sprayed it in a card while in the shop, and was completely surprised by how rhubarb-y it was. The scent seemed quite familiar, and I quickly realised it smells a bit like a brighter, more acidic version of YSL Babydoll, sans the grapefruit, roses, and other flowers that scents has. The Hermes scent is much less pink and girly, but still quite fruity for a scent marketed as masculine.

I loved the rhubarb note so much that I asked for a sample, thinking I might be interested in this as a more grown up version of Babydoll, but unfortunately it does not last at all on my skin; after half an hour the rhubarb completely disappears. I won't be investing in a full bottle, but I'm happy to finish the sample.
17th June, 2017
Kaern Show all reviews
I loved the sharp citrus/rhubarb opening, but it fades quite quickly to a floral musk with just hints of rhubarb and one that for me would suit a mature woman.
31st May, 2017
I have none of the childhood gustatory memories of eating rhubarb or rhubarb pie or anything rhubarb flavored for that matter. I came to rhubarb as an *adult* in life. I read recipes, and figured out how to make it sweet and every summer I spent way too much time seeking it out at the grocery store and preparing it.

Sure, there's that wonderful Comme des Garcons Sherbet scent that smells a tiny bit like rhubarb (awash in cream and white musks) and even the often-ignored Comme des Garcons White has a here-and-then-gone whiff of rhubarb after the spice burns off. But this Hermes cologne...this is the real deal.

The problem is...that zany rhubarb note doesn't last longer than a few minutes before it quickly transforms to a mildly citric, slightly wood and fresh/musk type scent. I even tried layering it with Shower Gel and then an over-application of the Cologne: a few more minutes of rhubarb were added - but that's about it. I tried even spraying on clothes. This didn't help the rhubarb 'stick'. :(

Which is unfortunate, because this is perhaps the BEST rendition of rhubarb in perfumery that I've ever encountered.
31st May, 2017
The House among the Roses by Claude Monet
23rd May, 2017
I initially loved this scent and bought the full large bottle. However after a few weeks it sort of wore thin on me. Still a great scent though.
15th March, 2017