Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate (2016)
by Hermès

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate information

Year of Launch2016

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

I'm just going to come out and say it - it smells like it belongs in the Aqua Allegorica line and not what I expect from Hermes at all. I openly admit I'm not a fan of rhubarb, but the scent is light and pleasant, very acute in the beginning and dries down to a barely there reminder.

Most disappointing is the longevity - gone after 30 or so minutes. That being said if your looking for a light fragrance for someone who doesn't want a heavy hitter or desires a barely there perfume, it's a good choice and with rhubarb a bit atypical than the gourmands and explosive other florals out there.
30th June, 2018
I think rhubarb is not used enough in perfumery. It should be used much more. It’s fresh and sweet, fruity and flowery. Green, crisp, but also red.
In this one you don’t only get rhubarb. There’s also a pink pepper opening and some very light creamy vanilla going along for some time. If sillage and longevity were better, it could become a favorite. They are not good.
15th January, 2018
While the title and notes of this frag mention only rhubarb, I get a very nice grapefruit and rose scent. I've also tried Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, and think that this is the scent that E.P.R. wanted to be but isn't. I got a full bottle of this after smelling my sample sprayer only three times. I tend to equate floral scents as "women's" more often than not, but fruity scents like this (and Vaara by Penhaligon) as truly unisex.
17th December, 2017
I had a liquid hand soap that smelled just like this.
It was ok
07th October, 2017
It smells wonderfully of rhubarb !
It doesn't last very long, but as soon as you transpire a bit ...it exhales subtly from your skin all over again.
And in AL ...there are plenty of occasions for a little transpiring. Love this fragrance.
It DOES have a Hermès kind of core signature that can be detected in ALL Hermès fragrances.
09th July, 2017
This is a great, slightly syrupy rendition of rhubarb with a bright lemon twist. I absentmindedly sprayed it in a card while in the shop, and was completely surprised by how rhubarb-y it was. The scent seemed quite familiar, and I quickly realised it smells a bit like a brighter, more acidic version of YSL Babydoll, sans the grapefruit, roses, and other flowers that scents has. The Hermes scent is much less pink and girly, but still quite fruity for a scent marketed as masculine.

I loved the rhubarb note so much that I asked for a sample, thinking I might be interested in this as a more grown up version of Babydoll, but unfortunately it does not last at all on my skin; after half an hour the rhubarb completely disappears. I won't be investing in a full bottle, but I'm happy to finish the sample.
17th June, 2017

Add your review of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

Shop for Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate