Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina (2016)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina information

Year of Launch2016

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2016

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina

I tend to be rather skeptical when trying out offerings by Acqua di Parma, as my experience with them started with Colonia, and then it seemed to be a revolving door of variations on that scent that just seemed to be an olfactory blur. I quite enjoyed their Blu Mediterraneo Foglie di Basilico (1999), which is sadly (criminally) discontinued, but I'll stop myself from opining on that further, for the moment.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by Cedro di Taormina, as I normally go into AdP offerings like this expecting that near-cloying, lemony, citrus blast, but this one was different. There was a brief hit of that lemon note, but paired with a nice black pepper that is not so strong as to add spiciness to the mix, rather, it serves as a dark undercurrent, very similar in my mind to Terre d'Hermès (2006). In fact, after the initial drydown this wears very much like Terre d'Hermes, but I actually enjoy this more, as Terre d'Hermès always seemed to me to be the combination of oranges, wet rocks, and a dirty ashtray; it works, but that's how it always smelled to me. Cedro di Taormina smells remarkably similar with the black pepper being the constant, but the nice differentiator is that the typical AdP citrus starts to fade after about a half hour or so, leaving you with a pleasant accord of cedar, pepper, and a nice but subtle vetiver. Normally, I find vetiver fragrances to have more of a "clean/soapy" smell, for lack of a better description, but the pepper and wood make this a "dirty" kind of vetiver, and I don't mean that in any negative way. It's a rather simple but unique formulation, in that it's not an original concept, but that they have seemed to nail the ratios perfectly. Everything is presented as it should be, with no particular note either chewing up the scenery, or being outshined (Soundgarden reference intended), by the others.

The sillage on this is good, as is the longevity, which was a pleasant surprise to me, as again, I'm used to AdP scents like Colonia, that seem to dissipate completely after twenty minutes of wear.

I wouldn't recommend this as a blind buy, but I certainly recommend you try it out. Acqua di Parma is normally a brand I associate with the warmer months, but the black pepper note in this fragrance makes this something that I could wear throughout the year. Thumbs up from this guy.
17th March, 2019
Really unattractive to me. I like black pepper, but something about this rendition combined with the lemon reminds me of an industrial disinfectant: harshly soapy and abrasive. The woody base is moderately more attractive, but the ride to get there isn’t worth it.
04th May, 2018
Stunning, loved it from the first moment I smelled it. Amazing blind buy. This one really stands out in my collection, 100% up my alley. If like Bois d'Orage, Amanu, or that type of fragrance, you'll love this one.
08th September, 2017
A creamy aromatic breezy beauty with an excellent spicy and freshly (citric) balmy dry down of benzoinic vetiver and perfumed mild woods. Classy a la Must de Cartier Pour Homme in style (though not so "sublime and lofty") with hints of "far lands" exoticism. Tonkinian/cardamomish and airy-(vaguely)anisic. A fragrance for yacht clubs and yuppies. A surprise.
05th April, 2017
I've found that something about the Blu Mediterraneo line tends to work well in the summer heat. Cypresso di Toscana was a favourite of mine before it was discontinued. The woods managed to stay light.

Cedro for me is an extension of that - you get the woods but it wears lightly and doesn't get cloying in the heat. However, they are quite different fragrances.

Cedro opens up with a strong citrus note. After 30 minutes, this citrus calms down, but I was pleasantly surprised at how linear that citrus note stayed throughout the mid and even into the drydown, although the volume of it faded. It wasn't ever too tart or too sharp, but it was definitely pronounced. Although when blended into the woods, these two elements didn't have friction with each other, and come together nicely as a whole. For me, I find that original Acqua di Parma is all about the citrus, but it fades into powder which I don't like. Here, we get woods instead and I think it makes a more rounded, satisfying masculine fragrance.

The heat tended to reactivate the scent throughout the day, so longevity was pretty good.

I was happy with this one. It's one of my fav's in the line (along with Fico di Amalfi) and I'll tentatively say it's a solid replacement for Cypresso di Toscana, which I wish was still available.
25th July, 2016
Lemony, peppery. No surprises. Dry, citrusy, air-y. Settles into a lightly wooded and vetiver chord. Not complex but well done. Refreshing summer scent. Good persistence on the lemon note.
21st July, 2016

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina products online

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina at online perfumeries

ACQUA DI PARMA VIAL Mix Select:IRIS Nobile, Colonia, Blu Mediterraneo Cedro

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 7:51:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.80
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma EDT Spray 5 oz/150 ml Women

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 7:57:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $131.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma Eau De Toilette Spray 2....

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 12:40:51 PDT

Blu Mediterraneo CEDRO DI TAORMINA by Acqua di Parma 75 ml/2.5 oz EDT Spray NIB

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 17:22:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $89.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma Eau De Toilette Spray (Unis

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 1:05:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $127.24

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma 5 oz EDT Spray Perfume for

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 2:21:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $130.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Unisex Perfume Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina Acqua Di Parma EDT (30 ml)

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 3:50:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $80.10

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma 5.0 oz EDT Spray Tester

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 19:32:49 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $85.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina EDT Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml

End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 5:04:59 PDT

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina EDT Spray 75ml/2.5oz

End Date: Saturday Mar-30-2019 0:15:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $84.61

Member images of Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina

There are no member images of Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina yet. Why not be the first?