Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina (2016)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina information

Year of Launch2016

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina

Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2016

Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina

Kotori Show all reviews
[b]Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma[/b]
[b]Category[/b]: 2 Eau de Cologne variant
[b]Rating[/b]: 3/5
[b]Longevity[/b]: 3/5

Bright bergamot with a lavender basil heart that comes across as minty and bracing. The bergamot is fleeting. I like it, but for this style I prefer Eau de Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain, even though it doesn’t last.
22nd January, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
Initially I get a peppery blast that has a herbal touch - think basil with whiffs of sage - a d is brightened up a bit by a restrained petitgrain in the background. The black pepper is rather dominant.

The drydown adds a Sicilian lemon that is not very fresh on me, and reminds me more of lemonade than the actual fruit. Is is gradually replaced by a discrete lavender, which is darkish and green and has a stem components that is woodsy in character.

In the base the wood side is expanded further by the addition of a cedar impression that is the same as discreet as the lavender comes across as, and there is a minimally noticeable guaiac somewhere lurking underground. Towards the and a slightly brighter feel is imbued by a low-key gently smoldering vetiver, which is light and shows not much of an earthy side. At the end the cedar, the lavender and the vetiver comfort and lovely trio, but unfortunately it is very close to my skin, too close to really impress.

I get soft sillage, just adequate projection with lavish application and eight hours of longevity on my skin, with the last hours it being very weak.

This scent for warmer autumn days is quite agreeable, but sone of the notes are rather generic, and the performance is mostly poor. Nonetheless, it is not bad but not much more than in the middle range. 2.75/5.
02nd January, 2020
Sunlight in a bottle. I have a fantasy about being a well-groomed Italian gentleman in a crisp beige linen suit and jute espadrilles, luncheoning on freshly caught grilled octopus and caprese salad with a sparkling glass of white wine and beautiful madonna at my side on the patio of a seaside restaurant somewhere along the Amalfi Coast. This (or Essenza, Chinotto di Liguria, or Ginepro di Sardinia) would be my fragrance - sparkling, fresh, zesty, charismatic, sexy, and mama mia oh so Italian. BIG love.
23rd June, 2019
I tend to be rather skeptical when trying out offerings by Acqua di Parma, as my experience with them started with Colonia, and then it seemed to be a revolving door of variations on that scent that just seemed to be an olfactory blur. I quite enjoyed their Blu Mediterraneo Foglie di Basilico (1999), which is sadly (criminally) discontinued, but I'll stop myself from opining on that further, for the moment.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by Cedro di Taormina, as I normally go into AdP offerings like this expecting that near-cloying, lemony, citrus blast, but this one was different. There was a brief hit of that lemon note, but paired with a nice black pepper that is not so strong as to add spiciness to the mix, rather, it serves as a dark undercurrent, very similar in my mind to Terre d'Hermès (2006). In fact, after the initial drydown this wears very much like Terre d'Hermes, but I actually enjoy this more, as Terre d'Hermès always seemed to me to be the combination of oranges, wet rocks, and a dirty ashtray; it works, but that's how it always smelled to me. Cedro di Taormina smells remarkably similar with the black pepper being the constant, but the nice differentiator is that the typical AdP citrus starts to fade after about a half hour or so, leaving you with a pleasant accord of cedar, pepper, and a nice but subtle vetiver. Normally, I find vetiver fragrances to have more of a "clean/soapy" smell, for lack of a better description, but the pepper and wood make this a "dirty" kind of vetiver, and I don't mean that in any negative way. It's a rather simple but unique formulation, in that it's not an original concept, but that they have seemed to nail the ratios perfectly. Everything is presented as it should be, with no particular note either chewing up the scenery, or being outshined (Soundgarden reference intended), by the others.

The sillage on this is good, as is the longevity, which was a pleasant surprise to me, as again, I'm used to AdP scents like Colonia, that seem to dissipate completely after twenty minutes of wear.

I wouldn't recommend this as a blind buy, but I certainly recommend you try it out. Acqua di Parma is normally a brand I associate with the warmer months, but the black pepper note in this fragrance makes this something that I could wear throughout the year. Thumbs up from this guy.
17th March, 2019
Really unattractive to me. I like black pepper, but something about this rendition combined with the lemon reminds me of an industrial disinfectant: harshly soapy and abrasive. The woody base is moderately more attractive, but the ride to get there isn’t worth it.
04th May, 2018
Stunning, loved it from the first moment I smelled it. Amazing blind buy. This one really stands out in my collection, 100% up my alley. If like Bois d'Orage, Amanu, or that type of fragrance, you'll love this one.
08th September, 2017

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso di Toscana .16 oz / 5 ml Miniature

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 7:29:59 PST
Buy It Now for only: $21.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua Di Parma, Unisex 5.0 oz EDT Spr

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 9:32:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $75.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Cedro Di Taormina by Acqua Di Parma for Unisex 2.5 oz EDT Spray

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 9:32:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $72.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo MIRTO DI PANAREA 1.2ml EDT sample spray vial x 3

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 10:26:08 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo ARANCIA DI CAPRI 1.2ml EDT sample spray vial x 3

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 10:26:09 PST

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo FICO DI AMALFI 1.2ml EDT sample spray vial x 3

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 10:26:09 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto Di Calabria by Acqua Di Parma 2.5 oz EDT Spray for W

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 13:07:14 PST

Blu Mediterraneo Chinotto Di Liguria by Acqua Di Parma EDT Spray (Unisex) 150ml

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 16:35:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $95.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Acqua Di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Set EDT 0.16 oz / 5ml & Shower Gel 0.7oz / 20ml

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 17:21:53 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.99

Member images of Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina

There are no member images of Blu Mediterraneo : Cedro di Taormina yet. Why not be the first?