Coeur de Noir (2015)

Coeur de Noir information

Year of Launch2015

HouseBeaufort London

About Coeur de Noir

Part of the 'Come Hell or High Water' collection.

Coeur de Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Coeur de Noir

"Smoke gets in your eyes" - a line from a song, I believe. It's true, here. The opening is all smoke, and wood; tobacco and tar. The base notes are backwards. They arrive right up front.

Then a strange ink note comes around - I like it. Actually, I like the whole thing so far. I also get a charcoal-distilled, booze thing here. It reminds me of Jack Daniels, the taste of it, from back in the days when I imbibed such things. Papery-leather is next. Paper, that lined a cedar chest for many years.

CDN is fairly linear. It doesn't do much else, develop more flavors. I'll give it four stars, because every now and then I rather enjoy a loud, smoke-bomb.
15th February, 2019
Birch tar beast

If you like birch tar, Coeur de Noir has it in spades. Opens with a suckerpunch of the stuff and a worn biker's leather jacket with a dusting of dry ginger powder. I love the smoky phenolic character of birch tar, but at points it is overpowering. Other notes do peek out during the dry down, in particular, the leather gains a nutty quality and becomes smoothed out with vanilla. CdN eventually grows more tame and enjoyable for me. I would have liked it much more if the other notes were more prominent. It's like the birch tar is a wild, black beast that needs to rage at you for a bit before calming down. I'd have rated this higher if it hadn't given me a smarting headache.
26th June, 2018
W00dy Show all reviews
The opening manages to straddle the line between woods and leather.
To a very nice effect.
Heavy and fragrant like a Tom Ford.
14th December, 2017
Beaufort fragrances seem to be smells in search of a vehicle and the vehicle is not necessarily the skin. I think they work very well as candles -they are, as another reviewer has noted- about creating a picture, perfume as theatre. This particular show seems to be bonfire night in the docks of London in the 18th century, ginger and other foreign spices mixing with tar and gunpowder.
05th November, 2017
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is a perfect example of niche perfumery creating pictures with scent, as opposed to creating a great perfume with scent. The picture that Coeur de Noir evokes for me is of Miss Havisham's house. Consumed by flames. The arson squad is poking around the smoldering remains looking for the source of the fire. Was this an accident? Does it matter? A perfect fragrance for a modern day Guy Fawkes. Non-firebrands need not apply.
22nd July, 2016
At last, the reviews are coming in for this range of what the forums are calling "unwearable" men's fragrances. This one is, to put it in understated fashion, powerful, and represents an alternative for those want a powerhouse scent of some kind.

CdN starts off with a rush of ginger and a strong component of, of all things, paper, and probably condiments as well. If this sounds left-field...try it. Later on, the scent is dominated by the birch tar, and although this is the kind of accord I would usually like, this is just too much. To be fair, on those exposed parts of me that were subject to CdN, the dry down was not too bad at all: the birch being nicely trammelled by cedar and vanilla. However what clung to the chest and clothing was just too assertive for my tastes.

Mrs Funwithfrags, whose opinion I value greatly, said that this might suit someone in their fifties, a Tom Selleck type, alpha male in a Ferrari. She is not wrong, but this is unlikely to be me even in the decade I have left to make such a transformation.

Much later (read: the next day) CdN is still there and is in fact extremely pleasant, redolent of Pour Monsieur parfum in the remaining cedar and vanilla. But I can't plan that far ahead.

Not something I would buy, but an attenuated and better calibrated version would be interesting.
30th May, 2016

Add your review of Coeur de Noir

Shop for Coeur de Noir products online

Beaufort London Coeur De Noir EDP FIRE IS EVERYWHERE 2ml PERFUME SAMPLE!!!

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 4:36:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Coeur de Noir

There are no member images of Coeur de Noir yet. Why not be the first?