A*Men Pure Tonka (2016)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Tonka

A*Men Pure Tonka is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Tonka fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Tonka

rbaker Show all reviews
The label "Pure" with TM does not necessarily guarantee purity, and his holds true with this composition. Whilst the tonka is present pretty much right from the start, there is a herbal undertone present throughout the initial phase.

The tonka develops over time by becoming increasingly more toasted and less sweet - and whilst rich and intensive in the typical TM-A*Men-style, it manages to be never overly sickly sweet or intrusive. With time I get hints of cocoa too. The base adds a soft patchouli that provides some counterbalance to the heaviness of the core components.

I get strong sillage, truly excellent projection and gigantic longevity of fifteen hours in my skin.

This wintery scent lacks the creative brilliance of Pure Havane, but otherwise it constitutes a well-crafted execution of its concept as an A*Men flanker. 3.25/5. A*Men to that.
26th September, 2017
Finally, over a year after its release, I finally was able to sample this. I really don't feel like I missed much. Although a nice scent, not bottle worthy for me.

To me this screams Blue Sugar, and I am surprised that out of the hundreds of reviews I've read and seen, not one person has made the correlation.

This opens with a sugary sweet tonka blast, though as sweet as it is, i don't find it sickening, although this is based on 1 spray. It mellows into more of an ambery tonka sweetness, I guess this is wear people get the coffee note. I guess because I'm spoiled by the coffee note in Pure Coffee, that I find the coffee in Pure Tonka to be boring. It's more of a sweetened vanilla latte note; as opposed to the rich, robust, dark, bold coffee.

This is a gourmand lovers dream, It's very sweet. You can pick up on the individual notes. Vanilla, coffee/latte, tonka, sugar, cocoa. It isn't redundant for the line, but I have smelled fragrances like this before. Notably, this smells like a more tamed Blue Sugar, but with more going on.

Count on the traditional A*Men chocolatey patchouli base, not as intense here. The presence of tonka is in it from beginning to end, making this fragrance very aptly named.

Thumbs up because I am a Mugler fan. Nothing from the brand has been a disaster. Some may have disappointed a little, but I think all of them have their purpose. Pure Tonka is no different. This is a gourmand lover's dream. Projection and longevity are both very good as well.
04th March, 2017
A really sweet rethink in the "Pure" scent series from Thierry Mugler.

The Tonka bean is clearly evident throughout the wear cycle of this fragrance; it's reminiscent of "m" by Perry Ellis, with the presence of a more powdery aura.

Acquired taste flanker that remotely resembles the original A*Men.
26th December, 2016
Not bad, it's enjoyable to wear and should get some compliments. Projects and has good longevity, lasts all day. The opening is very A*Men but the drydown reminds me more of B*Men with extra vanilla.
12th December, 2016
Really don't want to neutral ths but I have ahd it with the Mugler flankers. Really, how much of the vanilla/cocoa/caramel can we have? Ove rthe next 5 year there will be Pure (fill in the blank sweet confection).

That said, a surprise in this one is lavender. It plays a role not unlike the Ice Men and Sunessence releases from Mugler. It sits beside the 'tonka' note to continuously emphasize its presence but at the end of the day it's still just a A*Men with a new/different/highlighted notes. No more genius I say...just gimmick now.
29th September, 2016
It is a very good fragrance, the problem is that it isn't too different from Pure Malt, and Pure Malt is just better in all ways.

I was about to buy this, but then I opted to buy a backup bottle of Pure Malt instead.
27th September, 2016

Add your review of A*Men Pure Tonka

Shop for A*Men Pure Tonka products online

Search Amazon for A*Men Pure Tonka

Member images of A*Men Pure Tonka

There are no member images of A*Men Pure Tonka yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to A*Men Pure Tonka