Lilac Love (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseAmouage
Creative DirectorChristopher Chong

About Lilac Love

Part of Amouage's Secret Garden Collection.

Lilac Love fragrance notes

Reviews of Lilac Love

Think the older or more mature women will like this one. The jasmine and rose are the leaders in this band. Everyone is playing backup. The Gardenia note is the deal breaker for me. Be careful, this will stain your cloths with a pink color. Did a hec of a trick on the tester strip.
19th July, 2018
A big burst of sweet jasmine on top. All the other flowers are well-blended. Barely any lilac and no peony, for my nose. A mild, nutty confection in the middle. Slight smokiness at the base with mellow patchouli and vanilla. I only wish the top notes lingered awhile longer.

Overall a very lovely scent by this house.
11th July, 2018
If your idea of pampering is a full body slather of your favourite lotion after bathing, followed by lolling on the couch with a slab of rich milk chocolate, then Lilac Love could be for you.
It has a serious ooze factor; this is perfume as unguent. But what it does, it does quite well – embedding a heady jasmine-heliotrope accord within fold upon fold of an uber-creamy chocolate, tonka and vanilla dessert. I am reminded of cinema ads for chocolate from long ago which used to major on a constant pouring of the silken, brown stuff. Over time the composition does let in a bit more air and space as the chocolate seems to get consumed by and by and the floral notes breathe and expand – now there’s a pinkish blush of peony in the mix, too.
Wear it with a light touch and this will provide gentle uplift and comfort; overdose and risk a headache.

21st October, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
A floral heliotrope with jasmine and good parts of gardenia and other white florals; later on a somewhat flat iris arises too. The drydown is a vanilla chocolate dyad, not dissimilar to molten ice cream but, alas, quite generic, as is the soft patchouli towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity on my skin.

A spring scent that is not bad, but distinctly unexciting. 2.5/5.
22nd June, 2017
I wrote the following review in March of 2017; however, in light of a newly acquired appreciation for "smart" fruitchoulis and other things with gourmand-ish patchouli bases, I have revisited Lilac Love, and revised my opinion. I'll update my review soon. Suffice it to say for now that I'm giving it an enthusiastic thumbs-up. I'll leave up the negative review for posterity, but know that I don't hold these opinions anymore.

I like the house of Amouage, and I love floral, powdery heliotrope-driven perfumes, but Lilac Love did not work for me. It has all the elements that I like in this style of perfume, but it also has some other qualities that drive me nuts. I smell a gardenia note that I recognize from Elie Saab Le Parfum that unfortunately resembles Raid roach spray (Raid has a weird, almost-perfumey quality) to my nose. The powder sensation Lilac Love gives goes above and beyond the usual powder bombs I enjoy: smelling it makes me feel like my nose has become stopped up and numb at the same time (if you have ever gone near certain recreational substances, you'll know what I mean). And all of this seems piled on a laundry musk that feels out of place in a big floral perfume of this kind. So that's it for me--insecticide, cocaine, and dryer sheets all crammed onto the powdery, almondy coziness of Lorenzo Villoresi's Teint de Neige, only with Amouage-quality power and tenacity--in other words, sort of like a bad acid trip that will not end.
28th March, 2017 (last edited: 05th July, 2017)
A heliotrope scent. It starts very floral and does have some lilac-like notes, but after reading the listed notes I can see where what I am smelling could be heliotrope, gardenia, and jasmine. I do get a bit of an almond note, which many scents don't have. It is all supported on a vanilla base that definitely has some nutty tonka bean to it. The chocolate is subtle on me but seems to be stronger on other people. It does seem to be lasting although the floral has faded to just a hint.
14th February, 2017

Amouage Lilac Love By Amouage Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 Oz

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 19:50:35 PST
Buy It Now for only: $261.97

Member images of Lilac Love

There are no member images of Lilac Love yet. Why not be the first?