L'Homme Ultime (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme Ultime

L'Homme Ultime is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2016

L'Homme Ultime fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Homme Ultime

Take everything good about L'Homme, add some rose and better performance and you get Ultime.

I'm already a big fan of scents with ginger and rose separately, and the two work together perfectly here.

The opening is fruity, fresh and sexy. The drydown is woody and still sexy, thanks to the rose.

I find this to be extremely versatile. Great for daytime or nighttime, casual or dressed up. Probably best in anything but colder weather.

Very good projection and longevity.
14th January, 2018
This is a very personal enjoyment conflicting smelling fragrance. In my opinion it isn't anything special ..the opening is too sour for a rose dominant fragrance ..it needs 5 minutes to relax the citrus... when the opening accords have faded you are left with a strange spicy sour rose smell that is reminiscent of paul Smith roses for women (which is scratchy) ..i write like I'm anti rose accord here but I'm not it's fantastic if used correctly...the rose is the dominant accord for me in this and it's a futuristic synthetic rose that's spoilt by sourness, not your adp essenza type that is natural and there to add and bolster a soapy citrus or even paco rabanne one million cologne that is straight up honest mass market rose. I think this is running too far ahead rose before anyone is bothered or cares, like a trendy Italian jacket that could set on fire and melt your skin within seconds. I'll catch up with this scent eventually (I bought 100ml blindly) but I think it might be ysl's attempt at a dior sauvage gone wrong or right in some ways, I much prefer the l'homme intense version if I'm honest in a hit and miss minefield of ysl creativity.
18th July, 2017 (last edited: 19th July, 2017)
Love wood as we may
A shine like silver or gold
Tempts with their beauty.
06th July, 2017
Sour citrus meets woods and rose. The best part of this, is the smooth rose element, very well done. The rest of this.. nothing great. This has a sour opening, and it stays that way for quite a while. instantly it reminds me of Ferragamo pour Homme limited Platinum edition - this is a very fragrance, but if you've smelled it, you will understand more what Ultime smells like. Another similar fragrance is Antonio, which has a spicy fir and heavy dose of woods.

The plus side of Ultime, the rose note is outstanding. It's smooth, creamy, doesn't smell too synthetic, doesn't smell too feminine, and lasts for quite a while. The fragrance itself has great longevity on me, as I easily get 8-12 hours.

The smell, not so much my thing. I can see how this would appeal to a lot of people though. I will use up my 10 ml decant though, as this makes for something good when i need something with extreme longevity.
04th May, 2017
I was delighted to behold this scent when it first came out recently; knowing it was a richer version of my already-liked YSL L’Homme, I took immediately to L’Homme Ultime and still appreciate it now.

A wonderful flanker of an already great fragrance (YSL L’Homme), Ultime is squarely in the realm of the “intense” flankers out nowadays that do justice to their forbears (e.g., the “Prive” version of Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million, the “Profumo” versions of Armani Code and Acqua di Gio, the “Intenso” version of Dolce & Gabbana’s pour Homme, the “Parfum” version of Nuit d’Issey, the “Intense” version of Azzaro pour Homme, etc. etc.).

Big thumbs up from me! ;^>
02nd May, 2017
Love the top notes, the dry down however ruins this fragrance for me.
04th January, 2017

Add your review of L'Homme Ultime

Shop for L'Homme Ultime products online

Member images of L'Homme Ultime

There are no member images of L'Homme Ultime yet. Why not be the first?