Vetiver Insolent (2016)

HouseMiller Harris
PerfumerMathieu Nardin
SupplierRobertet

About Vetiver Insolent

Vetiver Insolent is a shared / unisex perfume by Miller Harris. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathieu Nardin

Vetiver Insolent fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetiver Insolent

Loved this straight out of the gate. Huge pepper and cardamom on me, so peppery it almost made my nose itch, and I'd have been pleased if this stage had lasted for hours. I was less pleased when the resin started to overpower the cardamom, but fortunately a pretty big dose of iris helped me over that hump. I guess the name made me think the vetiver was going to be rootier/earthier than it was, but it was light enough that it seemed to be duking it out with the resin for the top rung. I'd have been happier if all that resin had been a smoke or tobacco note instead, but even so I thoroughly enjoyed the whole smell experience. Had surprisingly strong sillage (I could smell it when I re-entered the room), but weak persistence, maybe 3 hours. Definitely reads as masculine to me.
05th July, 2018
This is a more sombre and warm expression of vetiver - I get rooty vetiver supported by dense warm resin from the elemi, amber, Tonka and cardamom.

A really good vetiver - a different take from my other favourite vetivers like Vetiver Extraordinare, Dior Vetiver and Tom Ford’s Grey vetiver, and tangentially closer to Chanel’s Sycomore or Lalique’s Encre Noir... however, Vetiver Insolent is the densest of them all.

Longevity and Sillage is good too!
20th February, 2018
Wow. This was my first conscious dalliance with vetiver and it gave me a fearsome respect for the ingredient. Perhaps it's because this is an EDP rather than the usual EDT, but I found this quite oppressive. Grassy in a way that deepens and refuses to let go, after 20 minutes I began to wish I could stop smelling it. As someone else noted, not much in the way of heart notes - it opens with fresh grass, then drags them down to the basement. Some brassy notes, some woody, not much sweetness - surprised they sell it as unisex, it'd be a brave lady who wears this.
15th May, 2017
This is a classic winter vetiver and I love it.

Vetiver Insolent opens with a very strong whisky note which fades down to woodsy, smokey, fireside contentment. Like Guerlain's, the vetiver is a little rubbery but it blends beautifully with the pepper, whispering florals and light incense. It should be noted that the pepper is quite prominent, which normally I'm not a fan of, but it's so well balanced with the other notes that it gives the overall composition an immediate coruscating quality.

This scent will take you to a small Scottish village in the autumn, when log and peat fires fill the air, and you're off to the local for a fine malt.

The only downside is longevity. I get about 2-3 hours. I'm not too saddened by this prospect as I'm happy to reapply and start the journey all over.
15th October, 2016
Kaern Show all reviews
The only insolence seems to be the complete avoidance of the 'heart' notes. Opens up airy, spicy and green but then dives straight into the base, which I rather like as it consists of a very long lasting mossy wood with very little hint of Tonka [as listed] to my nose.
23rd August, 2016
A new scent by MH, and not one I care for. Does not compare to the Library Edition Veti Vert by the same house.
Starts green and grassy -- ok but nothing remarkable. Gets a bit aromatic and spicy. The grass quickly gets tiresome, a bit "stale" or fusty in my opinion. A slight note of toast with butter, not something I particularly care for. Vague hint of an incense-like note, which unfortunately does not last.
20th June, 2016

Buy It Now for only: $143.52

End Date: Thursday Apr-4-2019 2:17:27 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $143.52
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz / 50 ml (Women)

End Date: Thursday Apr-4-2019 13:50:40 PDT

Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent Eau De Perfume 1.7oz, 50ml Fragrance Women

End Date: Wednesday Apr-10-2019 1:51:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $104.88

Member images of Vetiver Insolent

There are no member images of Vetiver Insolent yet. Why not be the first?