Âme Sombre G1 (2014)

Âme Sombre G1 information

Year of Launch2014

HouseSultan Pasha

About Âme Sombre G1

Âme Sombre G1 is a shared / unisex perfume by Sultan Pasha. The scent was launched in 2014

Reviews of Âme Sombre G1

The opening rose otto with jagged peaks of saffron takes off and soars. The radiance and lightness of rose otto with the sharp edge that saffron imparts is a striking opening. A light undercurrent of frankincense adds thickness to the rose scent, jasmin adds to the lyrical lightness in the heart. All of this dancing song of rose and saffron is underwritten by very dry negative space of woods with labdanum, hyrax, tobacco and vanilla that is very soft and dry as to almost escape notice during the first hours, but later this soft mellow base takes center stage and becomes the scent with the rose saffron still in background as a distant memory. This is a very fine, composed evolving perfume with a nice balance of opposing directions that begins sharply with soaring rose and soon becomes a comfortable nest of dry musky leaf and woods. Rating: 8.5/10.
21st July, 2018 (last edited: 11th September, 2018)
I believe the name translates to "Dark Soul."

This is obviously incredibly rich, being an attar concentration, and my first reaction is that this is what I imagined the ancient Egyptian scent of Kyphre would smell like.

The note tree of 18 oils and resins is bottom heavy in the base with eleven elements, as follows:

Top: Rose, Frankincense, Saffron (3)

Middle: Amber, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Honey (4)

Base: Beeswax, Tobacco, Patchouli, Benzion, Vetiver, Juniper, Hyrax,
White Amber, Cedar, Cumin, Oud (11)

I associate my first impression with a blending of warm, freshly cut cedar, pungent tobacco leaf, creamy amber, and caramelized maple sugar (the honey and beeswax, no doubt). The use of two roses and jasmine should, I would think, stand out as a floral center, but my nose cannot detect these notes.

I thought I detected a bit of civet on the applicator, but it would seem that this was merely an impression. I am unfamiliar with hyrax and wonder if there was a typo in my note tree source and styrax was meant.

I find it ultimately to be pretty linear, the first impression above being one that continues throughout the dry down. It is quite beautiful, very powerful (one dab on the wrist projects into the room), and although quite costly for a 3 ml. bottle, it is probably cost efficient given its intensity.

Highly recommended for anyone into the oriental genre. I look forward to experiencing more from this house.
19th April, 2018 (last edited: 12th August, 2018)
I had heard that Âme sombre was the perfume of perfumes.I now believe it,carefull not to put too much for it is very potent.i am new to the world of hi end fragrances (3 months) i learn fast.This Attar changes like a cameleon slowly and always pleasing .very attractive scent
01st September, 2016
If Tribute is Darth Vader, Âme Sombre G1 is The Emperor, at least in the first several minutes. It's darker, smoldering, as if The Emperor kept falling in Return of the Jedi and found himself landing in Mordor's lava in Middle Earth.

I'm about to make the weirdest, but most accurate, association I can think of: the first 15 minutes or so smells like venison jerky my uncle would make after hunting season. It's smokey, thick, spicy, but somehow juicy and mouthwatering. Now, I'm not saying The Emperor TASTES like venison (or a crispy Hobbit for that matter), but there's something appealing about it. I'm at a loss for what it's called at the moment, but had some meals in Las Vegas several times where a bunch of us would sit around a table and they'd keep bringing out these different meats, shaving bits off onto each of our plates. The meats were smoked, glazed, seasoned, and the aroma somehow brings forth those visuals. It sounds strange, but trust me - that's the olfactory illusion, not so much with the meats themselves, but just the aromas all those things conjured up - like you know you're in for a special treat (now I recall said experience in the restaurant was an evening I happened to be wearing Serge Luten's Arabie - so take some aroma, minus the dried fruits, and I see where some of the association comes from.)

Amouage's Tribute opens up a little more airy, not quite as dark and a little more refined; as Kafkaesque noted on their blog, it's the perfect scent for Darth Vader. I get a bit more of a "greener" feel to it that makes it lighter, but within 30 minutes to an hour the two scents are very, very close to one another. When I tried Âme Sombre G1 the previous day, it seemed to venture off into a slightly different, and more interesting, journey than Tribute does - but I'll have to see what happens today as I just started venturing down the proverbial yellow brick road.

As the day wore on, the first several hours the slightly darker accord in Âme Sombre G1 held on though the scent in general seemed to grow a bit softer than Tribute. Somewhere around 12 hrs in it was more or less a skin scent, though very much present if I rubbed my finger on the areas I dabbed and sniffed. About 15 hours later, I definitely smelled the aged patchouli, particularly underneath my shirt. In fact, the whole bit of it feels like a strangely, comforting trip through time - like opening someone's old wooden chest and finding preserved, pressed flowers inside. Their smell is faint, but with the patchouli, cedar and tobacco, it smells... ancient, but not necessarily dry and brittle.

All in all, it's an excellent tribute to Tribute and I'd think anyone at a loss for Amouage's discontinuation of their attars would be more than pleased with the composition here.
05th April, 2016
My first sampling of this was difficult - I hated it! BUT... like all my favourites it was the one that stuck! The reason it was so hated is that it is Very Musty! Its like an old antique shop that has lots of old old things in it that no-one has bought and in the middle of the shop is a huge bunch of beautiful roses. The flowers are voluptuous and fresh, dripping in sweet scent but the smell of the shop over-rides the roses....it is a battle! Like all Sultan Pasha's attars your skin chemistry is the one element that either adds or subtracts to your enjoyment of the fragrance. Some work and some don't. The battle rages on and in the end it depends on who you are....on me the drydown is wonderful - you have to try it for yourself to see who is the triumphant one....
28th March, 2016 (last edited: 11th April, 2016)

Add your review of Âme Sombre G1