Nankun Kodō
by Sultan Pasha

Nankun Kodō information

HouseSultan Pasha

About Nankun Kodō

Nankun Kodō is a shared / unisex perfume by Sultan Pasha.

Reviews of Nankun Kodō

...this is truly a meditative experience...first whiff brings me a blend of light gentle incense sitting on top of some barely barnyard oud with the smell i would get hit with when I would enter this old european/slavic herb shop i used to frequent...i can really smell the oud in this concoction...The Sultan never fails to amaze, amuse and entertain me with his creations...this is another one that doesn't make my to buy list, but still, it's wonderfull to kick back and enjoy smelling this...it's kind of like buying a DVD of a movie you really like because you know you're gonna wanna watch it a bunch of times...sometimes you see a movie and really enjoy it, but not quite enough to make a point of watching it again...well , that's what it's like with this fragrance...it's a fun and enjoyable experience to smell this , but not quite enough to make it a repeat experience...a little more woods, especially nice sandalwood , rounds this out...as with all Sultan attars...goes through a myriad of changes of the main composition...no sweetness , actually a touch of a sort of sourness , but not a bad one...
16th April, 2019
The overall impression reminds of japanese incense with an addition of dense spice for a spice woods scent to my nose. Cypress woods enhanced by patchouli and slightest oud are the grounding base. Sueded texture from Ambrette and Musk (Ambretolide) rest on top of the woods, while the spice blend adds a raw, grainy spice bin aroma that floats on top of the wood base and never fully merges with the woods. Spices of fenugreek, cumin, star anise, cardamom, clove, allspice mingle in the mixed blend. A characteristic of viscosity of oil as a carrier is the unwillingness to blend and merge all parts easily. So, when the nose leans in to smell Nankun Kodo, I smell the spices as if they were sprinkled on top of the wood resin oils. Lacks seamless absorption of the parts, but like japanese incense this has that sharp resinous pitch that is very nice. The longevity is a few hours if applied thinly with one swipe, longer if applied with two swipes. Rated - 7/10.
21st July, 2018
Spicy yellow and red earth. Reminiscent of the remains of my Shoyeido incense, but this one is less floral and seductive than what I use.
Nankun proposes an extremely contemplative route which is not the norm in perfumery where the aim is usually to seduce.
Far from the world of scented gloves and boudoirs, this takes one back to sweet pungent trees and seeds of the earth. For monks and samurai.
28th June, 2018
This is the first Sultan Pasha sample I've tried. My first response was to relax and forget about all my past attar traumas. I loathe anything with prominent notes of musk, rose or oud, so yeah, it's probably no surprise that attar sampling hasn't gone well for me in the past.
After three hours I'm experiencing a beautiful, smooth forest-y incense and there's a quality of naturalness coupled with fine craftsmanship that lets me know I'm in good hands. It smells different at different distances from the source and is constantly modulating. I haven't been tracking the progression carefully, but in addition to incense and forest, I've sensed some dark, salty licorice, the herbal smell of the traditional Chinese medicine concoctions my acupuncturist tips down my throat and, closer to the skin, pencil shavings
I'm excited to have ten more of these to enjoy because what is apparent already is that these attars deliver on the promise of fragrance - to take the wearer on a journey even as daily life continues; to add an element of mystery, beauty and unpredictability to the most mundane of days.
Oooo, as I'm sitting here writing this, it's starting to sweeten and I'm getting whiffs of a creamy lemon frankincense (plus real mysore sandalwood?) that reminds me of my current incense queen - Maria Candide Gentile's Exhultat. It's kind of just tickling my nose with this sweet incense modulating with a dark licorice aspect and my feelings may be shifting from appreciation to something more like love and I'm just entering hour four!
This is my first experience of genuine mysore sandalwood and after eight hours I'm still getting these gorgeous whiffs of sweet creaminess alternating with piney incense.
This morning, nearly 24 hours after application, I lay in bed with my nose pressed to my wrist just breathing it in. Each breath seemed to have a different scent, piney incense, an almost minty, camphorous aspect and that sandalwood - sweet, creamy and somewhat milky without being foody in the least. If anything it reminds me of the sweet acacia that blooms around my house in its tender botanical sweetness. Sooooo good and I can never get a full sniff of it. Just a tickle so I'm never sure if it's real or if I imagined it.
27th April, 2016

Add your review of Nankun Kodō

Shop for Nankun Kodō products online

Member images of Nankun Kodō

There are no member images of Nankun Kodō yet. Why not be the first?