Taklamakan (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseStéphane Humbert Lucas 777
PerfumerStéphane Humbert Lucas

About Taklamakan

Taklamakan is a shared / unisex perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Reviews of Taklamakan

its dyness totally remindes me of desert as its name is.
sweet benzoin vanilla on dryness base and smokiness of gauiacwood and labdanume while wood notesexist in background.
taklamakan is like a vanilla baked cake in oven .
its well balanced and quality scent.its really masterpiece.
13th February, 2018
The Taklamakan desert is the largest desert in China and is the worlds second largest shifting sand desert. The namesake of this Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 fragrance is the arid dry sands and shifting winds of this desert desolation and by indirect association and similarity of ingredients, I detect a reference to Tauer's L'Air du Desert Moracain which I think is the inspirational category leader for this type of fragrance. Compared to LDDM Taklamakan is more - more of everything - including more ingredients to achieve the effect, more coordination and artistry to smooth all of these dry incense woods and spices into a stunning cozy but elegant composition. Takalamakan unfolds in a slightly more subtle way and because of this receptive natured softness it might be seen as more refined, possibly more feminine while still being very unisex.

The notes listed for Taklamakan: Bergamot, rose, patchouli coeur, black vanilla, tonka absolute, birch, cade, gaiac, cedar, myrrh, orris, tolu balsam, labdanum, ambreine, amber gris, benzoin, sandalwood, musk; and this list feels more accurate to me than the directory notes printed above. Amberine, ambergris, black vanilla, benzoin and sandalwood are an accurate amber woods description. While the cade, birch, myrrh, patchoui and gaiac brings a moody darkness noticeable earlier in the development that is not present in other desert inspired amber incense brands. These darker parts coupled with the very smooth amber melange creates a dark amber or black amber that is very attractive and has considerable depth. The prominence of benzoin, sandalwood and musk adds a cozy almost cuddly sheen to the mix that is very alluring. Taklamakan is an amber incense fragrance that uses desert references through its soft dry wood notes and then becomes even softer. This is an exceptional fragrance that is comparable to dozens of other fine and rare fragrances but, Taklamakan holds its own place of uniqueness. I think this is an excellent value of quality for the price of this bottle. This creation adds another superb jewel in the crown for Stephane Humbert Lucas.
07th January, 2018
Goodness! And I mean that as both the exclamation as well as the word itself! Oh wow - get thy nose to this ASAP!

I cannot believe nobody has reviewed this here yet. I'm not sure if that means this is a sleeper, or if I'm the only one who likes it enough to write a review, but oh! how PRETTY!

I received this in a trade and chose it only after reading the review done by Kafkaesque, which is entirely perfectly written and I could only muddle the words. The only think I can add is this: I have had it on for nearly an hour, and typing has been an issue because I need both hands to type, and my left hand really NEEDS to be close to my nose - a lot. I mean, I need it sorta right up there...so I'm gonna have to stop typing for now, and get back to this in a bit.

Good LAAAWD! Get THY NOSE ON THIS NOW!
14th December, 2016

Add your review of Taklamakan

Shop for Taklamakan products online

Shop for Taklamakan at online perfumeries

TAKLAMAKAN by Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 Unisex 50 ML,1.7 fl.oz EDP