Meringa (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseProfumum
Created ForOsswald

About Meringa

Meringa is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2015

Meringa fragrance notes

Reviews of Meringa

Profumum Roma Meringa is an exclusive release for Osswald (of Switzerland and NYC) released in 2015 and is based on the concept of the meringue dessert dish, commonly understood in the US via lemon meringue pie.

Meringa, in contrast to that pie, involves vanilla, tonka, jasmine, and not lemon but rather orange blossom, so while it’s nonetheless a creamy, sweet, citrus blend, it’s a different citrus from what I’ve recently been accustomed to in Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Dua Fragrances Vanilla Lemon Gelato.

Meringa is certainly quite refined, and smoothly blended, as neither the sweeter vanilla and tonka nor the sharper floral, citrus orange blossom dominate the other. The inclusion of jasmine does help this in leaning slightly feminine, though I’d argue it’d lean feminine even without the inclusion of this note. For me, orange blossom is always a more feminine alternative to standard citrus (bergamot, orange, lemon, grapefruit) ingredients that are more wholly gender-neutral.

Performance is impressive for a conceptually “light” (even a dessert) fragrance, so with respect to both how it projects (with only one small spray on each arm, in my case) and lasts (it doesn’t stop kicking for hours). Still, I overall prefer the lemon fragrances mentioned d above to Meringa, not to mention that they’re substantially more affordable, as Meringa has the standard Profumum Roma pricing of $250 for 100ml EDP.

8 out of 10
28th July, 2016 (last edited: 04th June, 2017)
MERINGA!!

I don't review much, but every so often I feel motivated to add my opinion. Meringa is definitely a unisex scent. I would say it could easily be worn by men or women. As a man, I enjoy this stuff immensely.

Having not been acquainted with Profumum Roma products before, I am extremely impressed with their high grade juice. Due to the potency of their fragrances, you only need 1-2 sprays of this stuff and it lasts 12+ hours.

As far as smell goes, what a BEAUTIFUL fragrance. It opens (on my skin) with just a hint of citrus notes, then immediately bombards my nose with a sweet "airy" vanilla note that isn't too sweet, or too strong; perfect.

If you haven't tried this one, it would be well worth you time and trouble to try it out if you enjoy vanilla frags

Well done PR!

23rd May, 2016

Add your review of Meringa

Shop for Meringa products online

Search Amazon for Meringa

Member images of Meringa

There are no member images of Meringa yet. Why not be the first?