Insurrection II Dark
by Reyane

Insurrection II Dark information

HouseReyane

About Insurrection II Dark

Insurrection II Dark is a masculine fragrance by Reyane.

Reviews of Insurrection II Dark

My original impression of Insurrection II Dark was from a sample bought on decantshop which smelled very similar to Spicebomb. Based on that, I bought a full bottle thinking I would get the same scent. Luckily, I bought through Amazon because what I received didn't smell like the sample I received, so I sent it back thinking it had gone bad or was a fake. It was very light, transparent and plasticky but also with some weird spices, nothing I would enjoy wearing.

Since then, I have tried two more decants from reputable ebay sellers and both times I have received the light, plasticky scent that was in the bottle I received. It's very disappointing because the Spicebomb clone I thought this was would have been an excellent bargain.

I'm not sure why Reyanne would reformulate this or why anyone would be selling fake samples of something so cheap, so I'm not sure what's going on. I do know I'm not the only one who smelled the Spicebomb version because I've seen others say the same thing on basenotes.

As for the current version, it does project nicely for 3-4 hours and then settles to a skin scent that you get tiny wafts of throughout the workday.

As for a rating, I loved the first version and hate the new, so I guess I'll go neutral.
23rd March, 2018
Reyane Tradition Insurrection II trilogy just arrived at my home yesterday, namely Pure, Wild, and Dark. I even ordered some of the Acqua di Parisis such as Musk Sultan, Oud Wild, and Oud Dark, but today I've chosen the Insurrection II Dark, and here you are my first impression.
To begin with, assuming that each scent reacts differently to different skin's types and that it might change from batch to batch, I don't know what other reviewers were on when they smelled this. Let me honestly tell you guys, this ain't anything like Vicktor&Rolf Spicebomb. I am the one who goes crazy for Spicebomb and any of its flankers, though I do not find a thing here that reminds me any of them.
This is its own unique smell. and I love this one... I mean, just because it doesn't smell like Spicebomb doesn't mean it isn't good, this is a fantastic cold weather fragrance, absolutely stunning.
Rather, what I get from this is that it's uncannily similar to Insurrection Pure II (the Aventus clone) without the citrus and with some cherry accords that are pretty bland. No spices, none of the cinnamon, or citrus sweetness from Spicebomb, but plenty of pineapples.

That being said, I seem Insurrection II Dark to be a masculine sweet spicy fragrance with its own unique sense of style that's incomparable to Spicebomb. The two are truly nothing alike, and Insurrection II Dark projects very strongly as its own fragrance. It opens up with a slight pineapple top note like Insurrection II Pure, yet is quickly enveloped by this deep and mysterious mixture of sweet and spicy masculine notes. The sweet and spicy presence is heavily tamed by the presence of what seems to be cured leather. This note is actually hard to distinguish as leather, but it adds the same kind of heaviness to the body of the fragrance as some leather accords do. The presence is somewhat mellow and smooth, a modern suede leather, and possesses this distinct tinge to it, that further suggests some type of polished refinement. If it is a leather accord, it's definitely a leather that's undergone some kind of special treatment or process. Of course, I love it.
On the top of this base presence, is a very complex of accord of what seems to be dried fruits and bakery spices. I get diverse fruit-like presence, red fruits like cherries, but the tone is deep and dark, and pebbly. The bakery spices are genuinely sweet, and there is some dynamic stimulation to them. If I had to guess the accord, I would say a tad of cinnamon, mace, pepper—and maybe coriander and cardamom, just a little bit of each.

For anyone who would like to experience something totally new, Insurrection II Dark is definitely something you want to check out. It's unlike anything I've experienced before, and definitely has its very own sense of style and class. I insist, to my nose, there is much in common with Aventus than Spicebomb.

We are in late autumn now, cold and wet weather, and Insurrection II Dark has the right warmness and spiciness for facing both daily autumn and winter morning and early afternoon.

Last but not least, I really do not understand how Reyane Tradition can sell these beauties in marvellous boxes that open like mysterious books, the bottles are so damn amazing and the sprayers are wonderful... and the juices inside are so amusing, strong and longlasting for just less than 3 sawbuck!
25th November, 2017

INSURRECTION II DARK BY REYANE TRADITION FOR WOMEN (3OZ/90ML) EDP

End Date: Friday Sep-27-2019 17:47:32 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Member images of Insurrection II Dark

There are no member images of Insurrection II Dark yet. Why not be the first?