Indian Wood (2016)

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Indian Wood

Indian Wood is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Indian Wood fragrance notes

Reviews of Indian Wood

I'm a big fan of using coconut as an alternative to more traditional powdery notes like vanilla, amber, or tonka, and Indian Wood uses it deftly and to great effect.

The opening is a little odd - I get a kind of spicy/green suntan lotion vibe which isn't entirely pleasant, but it soon smooths out and we get an accord I'd describe as "creamy cool spices" - the combo of mint, cardamom, and coconut, I guess. There's a woody/mossy structure underneath, but it remains fairly recessed on me, and Indian Wood remains mostly a sweet/creamy scent - with the kind of light/sweet aura that really sings in summer. Decent performance for this type of scent. Thumbs up.
28th April, 2017
I smell vanilla and fruit at first, which became coconut and lemon, but it disappears too fast into wood only. It's a good fruit fragrance, nice for summer.

Projection and longevity are average.
02nd February, 2017 (last edited: 26th February, 2018)
The combination of peppermint, nutmeg and cardamom blended with coconut milk accord makes a mild chai blend of sorts. The tones stay in the sweet and cool register with sandalwood, cooling greens of vetiver and tree moss making up the base The coconut milk / mint accord has a strong powdery aspect and bold sweetness. There must be some musk in this blend to enhance the powder aspects. I don't smell any woods at all, but I know real sandalwood is a very recessive and subtle note, so it's no surprise that mint, nutmeg and cardamom take over the aroma while coconut milk gives a powdery almost chalky feel to the scent. Indian Wood is a mild mint - chai spice - powder dry wood musk scent that resembles its parent scent Harmatan Noir in style but Indian Wood is much smoother, soft and subtle in aroma. I am reminded of the Prada Luna Rossa and also a distant similarity to Homme L' Eau Boisee. But this scent is much more secretive and subtle with its statement.

I have revised my rating earlier neutral rating to thumbs up after understanding and gaining appreciation of the subtlety of this very good fragrance. You have to let this scent evolve and pull you into itself to appreciate it. The positives here are hidden within a lightness and ephemeral quality that blooms and becomes familiar only with repeated wearings. With the character of the scent in mind I believe the name is misleading and might better be "Bamboo Shadow" or "Hidden Path" - a soft subtle identifier would be more appropriate than Indian Wood which indicates incense or sandalwood which is not what I smell with Indian Wood. But, I like it.
07th July, 2016 (last edited: 05th June, 2017)

Add your review of Indian Wood

Shop for Indian Wood products online

Parfumerie Generale Indian Wood 50 Ml

End Date: Monday May-6-2019 11:31:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $85.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Indian Wood

There are no member images of Indian Wood yet. Why not be the first?