Mélodie de L'Amour (2015)
by Parfums Dusita

Mélodie de L'Amour information

Year of Launch2015

HouseParfums Dusita
PerfumerPissara Umavijani

About Mélodie de L'Amour

Mélodie de L'Amour is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfums Dusita. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pissara Umavijani

Mélodie de L'Amour fragrance notes

Reviews of Mélodie de L'Amour

A very soft, gentle, airy and pretty white floral. I felt the gardenia came across the strongest but there are other white florals blended in. I was expecting more tuberose since the 2018 Guide called this a gentler Fracas. For me the fragrance this resembles most is Estee Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia, however the latter is much more powerful in both its projection and longevity.

I sampled this from a sample vial and it was extremely delicate and ethereal - I could barely smell it at first but it seemed to strengthen a bit as it developed. It may be one of those fragrances that melds with the wearer and creates a soft aura around them, almost giving the impression that they aren't wearing a fragrance and just naturally smell great. I'm interested to know what it would be like sprayed from a full bottle, however not interested enough to pay $350US to find out.
01st November, 2019
Genre: Floral

Some are smelling jasmine here, some tuberose. Me, I smell both, but more than either, I smell gardenia. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I get that inimitable green/mushroom edge whenever I wear Melodie de l’Amour, and I’m happy to greet it every time.

What all, I believe, might agree upon is that this is a plush white flower composition of exceptional grace, saved from being overly precious by a judicious touch of crispy green. As much as I love my Carnal Flower (another green-tinged white flower offering), Ropion’s big tuberose can smell decidedly indelicate next to this. To my nose, Melodie de l’Amour is ineffably lovely, and certainly represents one of my favorite floral releases in recent memory.
03rd July, 2018
An indolic - narcotic - musky - vaguely animalic - neo-classic tuberose/jasmine-chord "civilized" by a well calibrated gardenia's support. Supremely floral, musky-dirty, heliotropic and honeyed. I'm somewhat sure that a significant dose of civet is included in the mix. Try to ideally "melt" together the peachy/coconutty tuberose of Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose and an indolic honeyed jasmine a la Bruno Fazzolari Au Dela', well Dusita Melodie de L'Amour will definitely disclose its main essence. There is for a while more than a tad of the stale (kind of flower pot's "rotten" water like) civet-laced dirty graveyard's water-effect conjuring me partially scents a la Corticchiato's Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin, Dusita Oudh Infini or La Via del Profumo Tawaf plus the support of a "to a tuberose-connected" gardenia a la Onyrico Zephiro. Lily of the valley enhances the general floral intensity along the way. An obsessive sambac jasmine smells slightly dominant (after the initial tuberose's explosion) under my unfaithful nose. Overall the scent is kind of merged in to a sort of intense neo-chypreism a la Bogue Maai (and partially a la Zoologist Civet) and in to a generally classic floral grandeur a la Piguet Fracas. Yes a must try for any tuberose/jasmine-accord's addicted.
23rd May, 2018 (last edited: 24th May, 2018)
Big, in-your-face sweet white floral bomb, which slowly morphs into…petrol, with an underlying faint plastic note, followed by a very heavy, almost rotting fruit sort of smell (sweet and sour and dank) with a soft hint of the jasmine and a smidge of something metallic. There’s quite a lot going on with this actually. But the petrol note just seemed to take over on me, and that’s where it stayed, and while I actually don’t mind the smell of petrol, I don’t want to wear it as a perfume. Longevity, on me at least, is poor – this had pretty much vanished after two hours. I would love to see what this is like on someone else though – the notes are so lovely, but on me, it just doesn’t work. I'm giving it a neutral though, because it has been an interesting ride seeing how it has evolved.
19th August, 2017
Stardate 20170216:

Old school indolic white floral.
Reminds me of old feminine by Patou. Maybe 1000.
Also similar to one of the Amouges I tried at Bergdorf: Gold or 25.

For folks who love vintage indolic white flower frags this is great. I am not a big fan of that style.
17th February, 2017
Bavard Show all reviews
This was my favorite from sampling the first five fragrances from this line, a big, beautiful, long-lasting floral fragrance that smells like tuberose to me.
09th February, 2017

Add your review of Mélodie de L'Amour

Shop for Mélodie de L'Amour products online

"MELODIE DE L'AMOUR" BY PARFUMS DUSITA *TYPE, PERFUME BODY OIL 5ML ROLLERBALL

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 10:56:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $16.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Mélodie de L'Amour

There are no member images of Mélodie de L'Amour yet. Why not be the first?