Adjatay Cuir Narcotique (2016)
by The Different Company

Adjatay Cuir Narcotique information

Year of Launch2016

HouseThe Different Company
PerfumerAlexandra Monet
SupplierDrom
Creative DirectorLuc Gabriel

About Adjatay Cuir Narcotique

Adjatay Cuir Narcotique is a shared / unisex perfume by The Different Company. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alexandra Monet

Adjatay Cuir Narcotique fragrance notes

Reviews of Adjatay Cuir Narcotique

This is a fine quality, clean leather with none of the butch or "meaty" associations that sometimes accompany this note. Here it's blended with ylang ylang & tuberose, while papyrus lends a crispness to the mix, preventing it from becoming overly sweet or heady. Over the first two hours, the leather fades, leaving a deliciously buttery white & yellow floral accord. Five hours in, there's a mineral note that reminds me of Goutal's Un Matin d'Orage. I've smelled this in a few other fragrances as well, & I've yet to figure out what it is, but I like it! I don't get anything remotely animalic in the base, just smooth, creamy sandalwood. The projection is good, & it all lasts around seven hours before fading.
From the notes list, I expected something a little filthier than this. But no matter; it's a very elegant & beautiful tropical floral leather that makes its presence felt to just the right degree, without ever becoming cloying. Very nicely done.
05th December, 2018
Exquisite! Tuberose, ylang ylang and the heliotrope is the bomb! Of course, there's tonka, styrax and musk here, too. It's all there, but skillfully blended. Sweet, ambery tuberose is the overall effect with whiffs of heliotrope. I don't really get the leather all that much but it's still enjoyable. A heady, bossy floral. Underneath, a faint soapiness, possibly that will lead to leather in future.
This conjures up thoughts of a brilliant spring garden, sprinkled with light and white flowers.
28th June, 2017
I love tuberose but I dislike leather. I was wondering about this one.

You get a lot of sweet tuberose, some powdery neroli and then it's all about dry leather. Not for me, but well-made.
13th April, 2017 (last edited: 20th April, 2018)
Genre: Leather

Oh my! After years of waiting and searching, I may finally have found my leather-tuberose of choice. Let me explain that I’ve been hoping to find an appealing leather-tuberose accord ever since I first smelled Etat Libre d’Orange’s Vierges & Toreros ten years ago. The central accord struck me as brilliantly creative, but the execution was lacking, with an abrasive chemical base note that I just can’t abide.

Flash forward to 2017. The first time I sampled Adjatay, I dismissed it as an overly sweet and banal tuberose and white flowers composition. Quite the mistake on my part, because Adjatay is much more than that. It just takes its time revealing its true depth. It can take as long as thirty minutes on my skin before the animalic leather and labdanum accord that plays counterpoint to the tuberose emerges and takes its place. Once it does, I immediately understand why the tuberose needs to be so sweet (on the verge of cloying, really): the sweetness of Adjatay’s tuberose precisely balances the leather/labdanum accord. The two fragrance elements sit in perfect counterpoise, generating olfactory tension and energy without quite fighting one another.

A lovely scent. Just give it time to get its house in order.
02nd April, 2017 (last edited: 03rd April, 2017)

Add your review of Adjatay Cuir Narcotique

Shop for Adjatay Cuir Narcotique products online

Member images of Adjatay Cuir Narcotique

There are no member images of Adjatay Cuir Narcotique yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Adjatay Cuir Narcotique