Mon Paris (2016)

PerfumerHarry Fremont
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About Mon Paris

Mon Paris is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Harry Fremont, Olivier Cresp and Dora Baghriche-Arnaud

Mon Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Mon Paris

I tried Mon Paris for the first time today, and have mixed feelings about it. It is not in any way an unpleasant perfume, but on my skin it smells like a cheap copy of Alien. It is more floral than Alien and far more synthetic. After a few hours, white musky vanilla (of the type found in Black Opium, Mon Guerlain, and MANY other modern fragrances) is all that's left; this did last all day, though.

I don't dislike it, but it strikes me as just another modern white musk, floral and vanilla perfume; the sort you'd smell on someone, and it could be any one of a huge number of contemporary fragrances. It doesn't remind me of the original Paris at all. Sadly, the days of YSL making distinctive and distinguished fragrances seem to be over, as with so many other houses.
06th September, 2017
If you added pink pepper to this, and put it in a goofy double-bullet bottle, it would be Carolina Herrera's 212 Sexy.

Trust me, it's better with pepper.
24th August, 2017
Kotori Show all reviews
Top notes: Salon Selectives hairspray from the early 90's

Heart Notes: Screechingly high-pitched florals, and the glistening note from J'Adore and Tommy Girl that Calice Becker favors

Base Notes: Didn't get that far; scrubber.
11th July, 2017
Meh. Just meh.

The opening is too syrupy sweet on my skin....strawberry jam, but not in a nice way.

But....the drydown is quite lovely, if not long lasting.

I received a bottle for Christmas, so I will wear it on occasion for a change of pace. Like it enough, but don't love it. This will be a winter scent for me; I can't imagine what the summer heat would do to this one! :)
28th December, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The evident apple-berry opening construed on a a rather dull bergamot foundation leads to a jasmine-peony-muguet-centred floral drydown. The base develops an ambery musky core accord, with an ultra-generic patchouli towards the end.
A laboratory-derived candy sweetness permeates it all.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

Synthetic, generic, not particularly original. Mediocrity veering towards the negative side of the scale. 2/5
12th November, 2016
Very sweet, almost like candy. Doesn't resemble the original "Paris" at all, to the point that I can't understand why it is a flanker of "Paris."

It isn't unpleasant, but it also has no unique qualities. I could see it as a first fragrance for a very young girl, but to me it is a bit boring. Just one of many very sweet perfumes, and it reminds me of the sort of scent you would expect to find in a candle -- completely lacks the round base of a full bodied, grown up perfume.
04th November, 2016

Add your review of Mon Paris

Shop for Mon Paris products online

Search Amazon for Mon Paris

Member images of Mon Paris

There are no member images of Mon Paris yet. Why not be the first?