Gucci Intense Oud (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseGucci
PerfumerAurélien Guichard

About Gucci Intense Oud

Gucci Intense Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Gucci. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Reviews of Gucci Intense Oud

Very enthusiastic thumbs up for Gucci Intense Oud EdP!

From the very first spray, GIO is strong and woody (reminiscent of cedar and sandalwood), with a deep and richly layered character. Spicy notes touch and permeate this gorgeous scent, with dry, smoky smoldering incense accenting the ambery oud that is very noticeable (but not excessively so). Ambergris adds a slightly animalic twist to GIO that points to well-crafted, thoughtful nature of this oud-based EdP. Leather is quite subtle, neither taking away from nor augmenting the fragrance appreciably.

GIO is a complex, well-made, mature classic oud experience that immediately earned a compliment when I tried my sample. The sillage is quite ample without needing to overapply the EdP. I highly recommend trying this one out and even to add this to the collection of serious oud-lovers out there. Next to my bottles of Versace's Oud Noir EdP and Armani's Eau de Nuit Oud AND Prive Oud Royal, Gucci Intense Oud EdP will become a proud part of my collection.
04th August, 2018
A nice fragrance, the oud is synthetic and smells exactly like the oud in other low cost fragrances like Acqua Di Parma et. al. Nonetheless, it still smells great and I have had many compliments wearing this. Longevity and sillage are excellent.
05th August, 2017
Just lovely. I tested this a few weeks ago. This is oud done well. Powerful stuff but smooth at the same time. I get oud, leather, incense and fruity smoke. I shall be making a purchase very soon!
02nd May, 2017
Gucci Intense Oud is a good release, a designer-priced (especially on the grey market) oud/incense offering with niche quality.

Leather is listed in the mix but I don't get it, mainly just the olibanum and oud, with some woody notes as well, perhaps cedar or oak.

Overall, there's not much to it, and its elegance is in that simplicity. If there IS leather, it's hardly all that animalic, but rather a smooth contributor to an otherwise smooth blend of incense and oud.

The closest comparison I can make is to the more refined By Kilian Incense Oud, which is undoubtedly smoother yet substantially more expensive at retail at ($395 for 50ml) than Gucci Intense Oud's pricing on Notino of $90 for 90ml.

While it's not all that daring or complex, I concede that it's unusual to find a fragrance so well put-together at designer pricing.

Performance is very good overall, both in terms of projection and longevity.

Not one I'd necessarily buy since I own By Kilian Incense Oud, but one I'd surely consider.

8 out of 10
03rd April, 2017
if you are looking for good eastern oud, you'll be disappointed. it has oud in it but that has been neutralized by the dominant amber. so you get oud sitting snugly in the back seat while amber is the main driver. excellent silage and longevity. don't go heavy with this or you'll choke people out
24th January, 2017
Just tried it and I get a bunch of frankincense-oud with leather and spices. I think it's really nice and actually prefer it to Versace Oud Noir. I think the Versace is too soapy, and this is a bit darker but not heavy. Initial impression is very good, I could see wearing this often. It is different from most, it has a slight warmth from the spices, and it is well blended. I am getting great sillage, fairly strong at arms length, but just lovely. I am so pleased with this. It has a nice oud, which reminds of the oud in Fan di Fendi Assoluto, but without the sometimes overly intense cardamom. While I appreciate input and opinions, I am very glad I blind bought this, despite suggestions to the contrary. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is pleasant, a bit mysterious, and different. I don't know much about synthetics, but it smells nice, thats all I know, or care about.

Also, contrary to most fragrances I love, this one actually lasts a long time on my skin. I put one spray on each arm and one under my shirt around 10pm last night, and after sleeping through the night, I can still smell it around 9am. That's pretty impressive for me.

Initial impressions

Scent - 9.5
Sillage - 8.5
Longevity- 9
Bottle - 9.5 - that doorknocker cap is so damn pleasing

Will fit nicely in my top 3 with Montale Greyland and Bentley Absolute.
07th September, 2016

Add your review of Gucci Intense Oud

Shop for Gucci Intense Oud products online

Gucci INTENSE OUD 90 ML, 3 fl.oz Unisex EDP, Eau De Parfum, New sealed box.

End Date: Monday Dec-17-2018 21:51:05 PST

Gucci Intense Oud Cologne Edp 5ml Sample Travel Pour Homme II Guilty Envy Rush

End Date: Friday Jan-11-2019 12:18:04 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.99

Member images of Gucci Intense Oud

There are no member images of Gucci Intense Oud yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Gucci Intense Oud