Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (2016)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo information

Year of Launch2016

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo

Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo is a masculine fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2016

Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo

I managed to try this new scent at Harrods in London when it was exclusive to them. Now that it is finally available to all, I thought it was time to write a review!

I'll begin by saying: it really depends on what you are judging this fragrance by. I gave it a thumb's up on the basis that it is a pleasant, crowd-pleasing scent. Nothing special but nothing offensive either. That said, if my criteria for judging it is whether it is actually a sandalwood scent, it would be a disappointing and overwhelming thumbs down.

It's definitely a sandalwood-themed scent, but I don't actually get the raw woody, creamy and slightly smokey vibe from a sandalwood scent, such as the now discontinued Crabtree & Evelyn "Extract of Mysore Sandalwood" scent. You can expect a scent that opens with an atomic explosion of citrus (read bergamot) and mainly lavender. Not unpleasant like some new/recent creations, but this one does appear overwhelming. It's along the same lines of Colonia and Colonia Essenza at first. Once the top notes burn off, there is no rose as per the classic Colonia. There is a huge tonka note (that's also known as "coumarin" and is often listed as part of the ingredients on the box or packaging) in the base with a hint of cardamom before it dries down to a subtle, slightly powdery/woody/tonka base.

There are plenty of comparable scents if you like tonka bean: Chanel's Allure Homme Sport range, Chanel Egoiste Platinum and Montblanc Legend all have a similar woody/tonka dry down.

Personally think the price is excessive, but for that you do get a nice bottle and different style cap. The box is huge and probably a bit OTT.
08th August, 2018
I received a sample of this one a while back and have worn it a few times, so this should not be really be considered as a proper review. However, I wanted to share a few comments based upon just a couple of wearings.

I really love the smell of this one. The name of this perfume really sums it up. It is a classic cologne with a lovely sandalwood base. The projection is average at best, but I get really good longevity. However, after 4 hours or so it sits quite close to the skin. Because of the amazing smell, I think I may purchase a bottle at some point in the future. My problem is getting a hold of a bottle since I don't live in the UK.
08th November, 2017

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo

There are no member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo yet. Why not be the first?