La Colle Noire (2016)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About La Colle Noire

The company say:

La Colle Noire is a sunny composition in homage to the land of Grasse, which plays a vital role in the history of Dior fragrances, and to its flower queen, Rose de Mai. Located not far from Grasse, the Château de La Colle Noire was purchased by Christian Dior in 1951. It was, for him, a genuine haven of peace lovingly shaped by his own hand, where he grew his beloved flowers that had already become the signature of Dior fragrances. François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator, drew inspiration from this bountiful place to build his fragrance around an intense, expressive and dense Absolute of Centifolia Rose. "La Colle Noire" is an incisive floral. A faceted fragrance that is rosy, woody, ambery and musky all at once.

La Colle Noire fragrance notes

Reviews of La Colle Noire

I have a large bottle of this, it has a strong feminine vibe but is very addictive.

I share the bottle with my partner but I rarely wear it, its better on her and I find it needs to be on my skin for a few hours before I am comfortable going out so that the floral element calms down.

That's the gist of it, it is very floral, and the rose projects for hours before it gradually drys down to a silky warm musky skin scent.

This scent in my opinion is very classy, I own most of the Privee range and this is definitely one of the better ones.

I think the fragrance is understated and overlooked, I would definitely recommend trying it.
02nd June, 2017
Much more feminine than shared in my opinion.

It is almost a whole Rose one. Beautiful Rose (girly) on Musk (that is what I smell the most).

VERY linear - the smell didn't change at all on me (or the paper) for a few hours.

Nice (excellent materials), but I don't find it amazing (quite boring).
I find Gris Montaigne (even if it is a little too sweet) or Oud Ispahan (even if I really can't stand oud anymore ...) more interesting.
23rd June, 2016 (last edited: 26th June, 2016)

Add your review of La Colle Noire

Shop for La Colle Noire products online

Search Amazon for La Colle Noire

Member images of La Colle Noire

There are no member images of La Colle Noire yet. Why not be the first?