Russian Leather (2016)

HouseMemo
PerfumerAliénor Massenet
SupplierIFF

About Russian Leather

Russian Leather is a shared / unisex perfume by Memo. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aliénor Massenet

Reviews of Russian Leather

This is a fougere more than a leather fragrance, but I can imagine a hint of leather in the background. The lavandin (as it's called on the sample card) can be harsh, and there were moments I didn't like it and considered giving it a thumbs down, but I eventually appreciated it more for being a complex variation on a classic style.
16th May, 2018
Tested Russian Leather for several days. In that span I received several compliments. One I was told it smells sexy on me. I don't look for compliments, they are a bonus.
Russian Leather comes off as Very Green. I love Green fragrances, so this is for me. Being that it's loaded with Cypress, Cedar and Pine Needles, I would consider this a Fougère. The sharp opening has a briskness to it, like walking into an arctic blast of cold air. Picks me up, pulls those shoulders back. Mid starts to turn Herbal, which I love. I was wearing this in warm February air. So this is very versatile. Some say it's a Winter scent. Not to me.
The base starts to kick in and after 4 hours Russian Leather is still going strong on my skin. Projection is above moderate. The Leather starts to peak out, it's a fine Leather. You get some green Patchouli leaves, not dark or dirty. Tonka smoothes it out. Find myself wafting my shirt to get billows of this fantastic fragrance. This lasted a good 8-10 hours. This is full bottle worthy to me and I will purchase it this week.
26th February, 2017
Definitely a green leather that is more unisex IMO. Kind of boring but pretty safe.
05th January, 2017 (last edited: 04th August, 2017)
Memo's latest leather creation, Russian Leather, is quite green, involving not only the signature animalic leather but also pine, cedar, clary sage, and cypress. So it's a bit green, a bit herbal, a bit woody, and of course a bit leather.

To its credit, Russian Leather has a bit of complexity, an interesting variety of notes that make it a little less straightforward than other leathers but surely up to par with the odder leather creations that Memo has put forth before. Still, it's a little dirty for my nose, something acerbic and animalic making it even off-putting in one sense.

Performance is decent but as with the standard Memo pricing, $250 for 75ml is a bit steep unless you love this, and I wouldn't even say I like this very much, let alone love it.

6 out of 10
01st November, 2016

Add your review of Russian Leather

Shop for Russian Leather products online

Search for on eBay United States

RUSSIAN LEATHER EDP 2.5OZ | MEMO | EMPTY BOTTLE | BOX

• USD $5.00 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left:

Memo Russian Leather 1 3 5 or 10ml Sample in Glass Spray

• USD $8.99
  • Time Left: 20 days

Member images of Russian Leather

There are no member images of Russian Leather yet. Why not be the first?