Petit Matin (2016)

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Petit Matin

The company say:

Rise at dawn and escape into the delightful freshness of an early morning in Paris to rediscover a taste for beauty. Stroll through the empty streets and archways of a Paris still cast in the first light of day, before taking a rest. Let yourself be carried away by the luminous energy of litsea cubeba from Indonesia, lemon from Calabria, the floral softness of hawthorn and lavandin from Provence. Then, get lost in a labyrinth of musky and ambery notes.

Reviews of Petit Matin

Starts off very badly like an expensive lime detergent, musk again? The best part of it emerges later, which is an outdoors, scented bushes smell, and overcast lavender. The florals become haunting, and evoke the company's description of early morning Paris, and strolling through empty streets. A sort of european perfume smell, newly cleaned laundry, while walking down the cobblestone streets, under an overcast sky. The amber helps to add complexity to the musk. To me this tilts more feminine, but a man could wear it. The more intriguing part of the scent is a light lemon violet smell that is supposed to come from Litsea cubeba. The fresh clean laundry scent mellows out but it's still a main player as the scent moves through its stages. The neroli is there, and plays off of the musk well. Yes this is definitely something I want to smell on a woman. An elegant neroli musk combo, with no dominant notes. They all add their contribution to make a complex fragrance. Despite this being a no for me, it is a complex scent and I wouldn't judge anyone for raving about it.
08th January, 2019
Update:

I'd like to add that this is not a fragrance you want to overspray. I made that mistake today and found myself in a cloud of an aroma chemical like miasma for about an hour and a half. I had left for work by the time I realized that it was affecting me like that. Anyway, for me, fewer sprays will definitely make this a more enjoyable wear moving forward.

Petit Matin is a wonderful, fresh, fragrance that has a beautiful opening, and transitions from there into a beautiful dry down. There is a note that is more transparent here, but it reminds me of something I smell in Slumberhouse's Pear + Olive. As I said, this note is much more transparent in Petit Matin, and much more dense and syrupy in Pear + Olive, but it is still a similar note to my nose. Petit Matin is a joy to wear, and I want a bottle as soon as I may. Thumbs up for Petit Matin!
11th July, 2018 (last edited: 06th September, 2018)
Just gorgeous.

Honestly....One of the very best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure on applying on to my skin. An extremely uplifting perfume. I get the morning vibe. But maybe a champagne and smoked salmon morning in a 5 star French hotel penthouse suite. Could easily be used for more formal occasions. Turns heads and conveys elegance.

09th December, 2017 (last edited: 18th December, 2018)
The more I wear this, the more I feel like Petit Matin is a modern take on Green Irish Tweed. They don't smell alike, but they both evoke the same lemony, citrus and dewy vibe.

Understated and elegant.
Beautiful!

Also has similarities to Jardin d'Amalfi, but that one has the tartness of the apple note. Crazy expensive though..
21st October, 2017
This is primarily a modern, bright, orange blossom perfume, backed by a good but fairly standard wood/musk base (ambroxan, I guess, used with deftness). I enjoy it. It's a little synthetic at times - like smelling orange blossoms in full bloom next to a very classy laundry facility in a nice part of town.

Contrary to the listed lemon and litsea cubeba (citrusy smelling plant) notes and the references to Lemon Pledge in other reviews, the orange blossom jumps out at me immediately and stays front and center throughout, though I will say there's a general tartness that brightens the orange bloom - a good move for a note that can feel a little heavy as a true soliflore. If you're a fan of the note, this is a very nice option.

It's nothing exciting and not something I'd purchase at this price point, but not a bad scent at all for summer or fans of orange blossom. Performance is strong for this type of scent. Reserved thumbs up from me.
27th April, 2017
It was really warm today so I thought I'd try out one of the samples I got for this spring and summer. My immediate impression was Lemon Pledge - just a burst of chemical lemon. After the dry down there was a hint of woodiness but that was about it.

There was basically no longevity or projection either. I put on a healthy amount and my wife didn't even notice it with her head on my chest. A definite pass.
19th March, 2017

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin 3.4 ML SPRAY NEW

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 16:53:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin 70 ML NEW TESTER IN BOX + 2 FREE...

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 16:54:35 PST

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin Eau De Parfum 2.4 oz/ 70ml Sealed in Box

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 14:37:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $217.24
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEW MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN PETIT MATIN EAU DE PARFUM 2.4OZ 70ML UNISEX MFK EDP

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 16:48:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $165.00

Petit Matin Eau De Parfum Spray By Maison Francis Kurkdjian for Women 2.4 oz

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 3:18:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $245.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Maison Francis Kurkdjian PETIT MATIN EDP Perfume Travel Purse Spray 11ml 0.37 oz

$55.39 (0 Bids)

Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Eau De Parfum Spray 2.4 oz for Women

End Date: Sunday Jan-27-2019 8:00:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $176.99

Member images of Petit Matin

There are no member images of Petit Matin yet. Why not be the first?