Dirty Velvet (2016)

Dirty Velvet information

Year of Launch2016

HouseVilhelm Parfumerie

About Dirty Velvet

Dirty Velvet is a shared / unisex perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie. The scent was launched in 2016

Dirty Velvet fragrance notes

Reviews of Dirty Velvet

There is one review of Dirty Velvet.
SANDALWOOD & FIGS. Dirty Velvet is inspired by the Villa d'Estrees hotel in the Latin Quarter of Paris where the founder of Vilhelm Parfumerie resided for some time. I don't really smell any connection to old hotel rooms through this scent but maybe you have to be there to get the reference. The fragrance opens with a beautiful woody fig note that has warm green citrus on one side of the fig and dry leaves on the other. The fig stays solid throughout the fragrance but the tobacco leaves start to resemble a sweet sandalwood aroma which is the base note. Green fig and sandalwood is mostly what I smell here and it is a nice caramelized gourmand sandalwood note, which to me is slightly feminine. I don't really warm up to it much but I am not a big fan of sweetness in fragrance and in my opinion the sandalwood essence is fine without the sweet fig. Hmm.

Next time I try Dirty Velvet I spray less in one spot and thinner application and the scent changes to a purely sandalwood fragrance with sweetness provided by a woody fig note. Sandalwood is by itself a very recessive quiet creamy mid toned soft wood smell. Every sandalwood scent I've seen is transformed by addition of a variety of notes to add character. Many sandalwood fragrances have coconut, some have ginger or other spice, and some have rosewood, cedar or other elements to increase the footprint of sandalwood character smell. This one is a very seamless blending of woody green fig and sandalwood. I liked it more the second time I wore it but still can not see a connection to dirty velvet. FIGGY SANDALWOOD!
12th January, 2017

Add your review of Dirty Velvet

Shop for Dirty Velvet products online

Member images of Dirty Velvet

There are no member images of Dirty Velvet yet. Why not be the first?