Unnamed (2016)

HouseByredo
Creative DirectorBen Gorham

About Unnamed

From the press release:

Byredo celebrates ten years of creation with a new fragrance: Unnamed. Ben Gorham decided to propose a nameless fragrance that leaves everyone free to create their own interpretation, with no semantic boundaries. The set of letters included allows limitless chances to find the perfect name and to let emotions and memories be the guide. No name. No direction. Just an immaculate label; the promise of a story to write as your own. A blank page upon which your feelings may flow.

Unnamed fragrance notes

Reviews of Unnamed

The gin top notes of this are almost aquatic, with juniper and some fizz, which I guess are aldehydes. After 15 minutes or so it settles down into powdery iris and violet, like face powder and posh handbag, before slowly fading into a green slightly acrid base. It is pleasant and inoffensive and feels to me like bottega veneta's less interesting, poorer cousin.
19th August, 2018
I've read some very harsh review of this on other fragrances websites. I have to say that I actually don’t mind this - it grew on me the more I smelt it. The gin note is quite pronounced when it first goes on – it’s not a cheap nasty gin though, but a fancy one, infused with herbs and something else that I can’t quite put my finger on. Once that settles, the pepper shows through, as does the balsam, which gives this a lovely fresh feel. And after a little while, the violet peeps out – very soft, but noticeable. For a parfum, however, the longevity is not great – this only lasted a couple of hours on my skin. Still, I’m very glad I got to try it. For me, this is one I’d put on after a shower at the end of the day, when I’m puttering around at home and want to smell something nice, but won’t be bothered by it not lasting. I like it, but it’s not one I’d rush out to buy, and considering the hefty price tag, I definitely recommend trying it before you commit to a full bottle.
10th January, 2017

Add your review of Unnamed

Shop for Unnamed products online

Member images of Unnamed

There are no member images of Unnamed yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads