Vert d'Encens (2016)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Vert d'Encens

Vert d'Encens is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2016

Reviews of Vert d'Encens

Sugary sweet, resin straight away. An almost cherry pipe tobacco accord for a few moments. Then a strong heliotrope, deeply floral smell. It begins to move into a powdery feel. Dry. Fir balsam follows and that, seems oddly powdery as well.

The sugary spell continues for awhile. It lightens up a bit, as incense lurks in the background. Fir weaves in and out, along with some other woody note.

Fir balsam slowly begins to increase through the sugary cloud as the base evolves. Heliotrope begins to finally fade slowly into the background... I think Encens Sucre would have been a better name, as this is very much "sweet" to my nose and on my skin. I rather enjoy it though. I'll give it four stars.
18th May, 2019
Not a fan of earthy scents, but I like this one. Woody and slightly spicy, this one is my favorite in that mini line TF has. Very natural smelling. More of a cool weather fragrance IMO. 8/10
07th November, 2018
Another neutral rated EdP from the "Les Extraits Vert" which didn't repulse me outright, but just didn't connect.

This one is a woody-aromatic-spicy outing from Tom Ford, full of experimental notes like heliotrope, boxwood (Casearia praecox tree), and incense proper.

It opens with a spicy-citrus salvo that swirls in the green and floral arena a bit, and then mellows out into something more subdued, powdery and vanilla-like.

I'd describe Vert d'Encens as a very outside-the-box fragrance, painting a radical picture of a "green" scent along unconventional lines. Wood resin dominates; coniferous notes of pine and fir are quite subtle; and then there's the odd touch of heliotrope with its banana-like presence.

It came off as too alienating for my tastes. Incense is not as noticeable as I was expecting, a partial letdown.

Not my favorite in the "Les Extraits Vert" collection, though it is a decent, basic scent (not one I'd ever pay full bottle price for).
30th September, 2018
i get the smell of incense trying to fight it's way through an overgrowth of rotting vegetation...i get the pine/fir/sap but it smells like a dank moldy forest where the trees have gone bad...does start to find it's way and slowly turns into something more palatable...reminds me a little of Amouage Opus VII...turns to a nicer smelling wood type of scent , but still feels overpowering in a strange sort of way...I happen to like heliotrope a lot...it's what makes Jaipur Homme a very much liked fragrance for me...so , when it makes it's appearance here it adds a little more interest and enjoyment for me...not a bad fragrance , but not a very good one either...not even decant worthy to me on this one...
12th August, 2018
I'm not actually getting anything near as woodsy as these notes would suggest.

I love the opening which is very cucumber and frankincense followed by something more herbal that I registered as garden sage, but I guess it could have been piney. I love the freshness with the incense. It smells like blessings and growth.

However it starts to morph into a smokey vetiver. I personally have a hard time wearing vetiver because it screams cologne to me and makes me feel like I'm posing and a slightly skeevy frat boy. I know this is just me associating it with the aquatics of the 80s and 90s and it's a lovely scent for many others.

The heliotrope in the drydown is nice. Creamy and a little sweet but still supporting the incense notes.
01st January, 2017
Terrible heliotrope bomb, performance is spectacular but this is just unpleasant. Why is heliotrope so popular in 2016???
26th December, 2016

Add your review of Vert d'Encens

Shop for Vert d'Encens products online

Shop for Vert d'Encens at online perfumeries

Women Type Inspired Premium Body Spray EDP 1.7 oz Refillable Heart Bottle

TOM FORD VERT D'ENCENS 4ml Dab Bottle SAMPLE SPRAY

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 16:58:05 PST
Buy It Now for only: $14.27
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TOM FORD VERT D'ENCENS 5ml Roll On Authentic!!

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 17:00:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.85
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TOM FORD VERT D'ENCENS 12ml Spray Authentic!!

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 17:03:15 PST

TOM FORD VERT D'ENCENS 15ML ATOMIZER SPRAY AUTHENTIC

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 0:19:24 PST
Buy It Now for only: $42.17
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TOM FORD VERT D'ENCENS 12ml Roll On AUTHENTIC!!

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 2:20:27 PST

TOM FORD perfumes Choose what you want to try of 10+ scents. Choose your Size

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 12:05:01 PST
Buy It Now for only: $35.99

Member images of Vert d'Encens

There are no member images of Vert d'Encens yet. Why not be the first?